Crusader Kings II (Free to Play)

natturnher

Rookie
Daps
If anyone thinking of playing this game you most likely gonna need to seek out external guides as the in game tutorial is ass. The learning curve is high--this is nothing like Sid Meier's Civilization this is grand strategy fused together with an RPG. It may take dozens of hours before you can even have a sliver of grasping what the hell is going on. But it's free and the DLC is on sale so there you have it. I'm currently watching these videos to get an understanding of this game, but it is a beast :whew:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk this is an undertaking to say the least.

Looking for help. I downloaded the game of thrones mod but when I click the box to run it I get a Microsoft runtime visual c+ c+ error. The game runs fine when I don't try to run the game of thrones mod. I tried downloading directx and the visual c+ repair ish and I backdated the version of crusader kings to the one that's supposedly compatible with the game of thrones mod but still nothing. Can any if you guys lend a hand?

In the meantime I'm going through the tutorial feeling lost as fukk lol.

natturnher

Rookie
Daps
I have no experience with that GoT mod or any of the official DLC myself as I am still trying to learn the fundamentals of the base game. I've seen alot of people recommending the GoT mod, however one probably needs a understanding of the basics of this game before touching any of the extra content. This game's learning curve is high--right up there with Dwarf Fortress for me. As I mentioned before the tutorial is garbage. Best to watch youtube videos and read guides elsewhere.

As I posted above in my previous post check out Arumba's Let's Play series on CK2 @ youtube:
[CK2] Crusader Kings 2 Tutorial for New Players - YouTube

Also MDB @ youtube supposedly has a easy series to follow:
Crusader Kings 2 Uniting Spain! - YouTube

Also from the /r/CK2:
www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/25w95c/the_oh_my_god_im_new_help_guide_for_beginners/

Good luck!

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
One my favorite games. Been playing it since release.

Looking for help. I downloaded the game of thrones mod but when I click the box to run it I get a Microsoft runtime visual c+ c+ error. The game runs fine when I don't try to run the game of thrones mod. I tried downloading directx and the visual c+ repair ish and I backdated the version of crusader kings to the one that's supposedly compatible with the game of thrones mod but still nothing. Can any if you guys lend a hand?

In the meantime I'm going through the tutorial feeling lost as fukk lol.

If you're playing the base game with no mods, the best starting position is somewhere in Ireland in the 1066 start. The game looks complicated but its incredibly simple once you understand the mechanics. Like the poster above recommended, try watching a few Arumba videos, but I personally learned the game through a lot of trial and error.

As for GOT (great mod btw), here's a link to their official forum. I'm pretty sure the modders can give you a hand. Home | The Citadel: A Game of Thrones Mod

natturnher

Rookie
Daps
@Jorvan about how long did it take before things just clicked for you in this game? There is just so much stuff to do and so many features in the game that it feels overwhelming.

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
@Jorvan about how long did it take before things just clicked for you in this game? There is just so much stuff to do and so many features in the game that it feels overwhelming.
I'm not going to lie, it can take a few weeks to get the hang of things. But the CK2 forums is probably the most helpful game community I've ever seen on the internet. There's literally nothing you can't ask, that won't get a answer within a day or two. I'm also available if you have any questions about specific features. Also you can check out the CK2 wikia which is a great resource if you're confused about anything.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Or try a CK2 Discord. I'm on a Sims 4 Discord and those dudes never go offline. I only use it for tech problems and they know every question you can ask. They usually answer in a minute too.

natturnher

Rookie
Daps
I'm not going to lie, it can take a few weeks to get the hang of things. But the CK2 forums is probably the most helpful game community I've ever seen on the internet. There's literally nothing you can't ask, that won't get a answer within a day or two. I'm also available if you have any questions about specific features. Also you can check out the CK2 wikia which is a great resource if you're confused about anything.

Yea it is slowly starting to sink in with me watching the Arumba videos and just exploring alot of the tool tips as I play. Some of the concepts like the succession laws I'm still working on, but from all the stuff I seen so far I can definitely see why this game is highly praised over the years.

You ever solve this issue bruh? I'll probably try out the GoT mod once I run through the base game a few times.

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
:wow: If I had the stacks for all the DLC I would, but Paradox is a motherfukker with all these expansions and a man is already busy conquering space for the black man in Stellaris.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
:gucci: wtf.

Recently picked this up and started playing this shyt and 3 hours past before i knew it. Still don't know much about what im doing but it's interesting to say the least. How do people play this online? Seems like it would be overwhelming ?