Crossplay for Guilty Gear Strive is in verification process

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think it’s vital for the fighting game scene to provide this game with the best net code possible and especially true if sony wants a new headliner for EVO and the possible arcsys acquisition

020.jpg

Full Interview Can be Found Here

The Snippet:
CASW: Last but not least, the next step would be cross play so all the community could play together. In a genre like fighting games, in which the community is the cornerstone, I feel like this should be a must have going forward. Do we have more news regarding this demanded feature? Does rollback netcode make it harder to implement crossplay between different consoles or between consoles and PC?

Of course, we are always striving to accomplish this, and we are going through the verification processes for it. But there are still many practical issues like schedules and the running costs of matching servers. It will take a little more time before we can make a concrete announcement.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy that the PS5 got the worse amount of delay out of all of them

Funny you mention that.

Yeah sadly it's been the case for awhile on a lot of fighters. Been dealing with this since sf4 on playstation 3... It's why I've been PC gang when it comes to them for years now.

Rollback Netcode is becoming standard so hopefully cross play goes the same route.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven