CrossFit athlete drowns during CrossFit games

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Easy to say “oh he’s gonna win a huge lawsuit” but I’d imagine there’s mad language in the contract stating the competitor is risking their life by signing up for the event

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not going to completely protect them from a civil suit if you they have a good lawyer. The publicity and the drag of a lawsuit is a going to force a settlement. It's worth paying to make the negative headlines go away.

Easy to say “oh he’s gonna win a huge lawsuit” but I’d imagine there’s mad language in the contract stating the competitor is risking their life by signing up for the event

If it's anything like skydiving, you literally sign your life away. You can't sue and even sign something saying you agree to be sued if you try to sue.

They not fukking around. They aren't risking someone twisting an ankle let alone dying, shyt they'd have been broke if mfs could sue for injuries or death.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
If it's anything like skydiving, you literally sign your life away. You can't sue and even sign something saying you agree to be sued if you try to sue.

They not fukking around. They aren't risking someone twisting an ankle let alone dying, shyt they'd have been broke if mfs could sue for injuries or death.
It’s a swim in open waters. That’s always dangerous. Dozens die every year doing triathlons. Simply tragic accidents but folks always want to try and blame others.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
RIP

Where was the safety crew/authorities?

The family should sue them and get paid big time

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
This some incompetence on the organisations part.
Now I do crossfit myself and I really enjoy it, but they way these professional athletes do it is ridicolous.
My coaches really work with me on form, hold me back from going too heavy, I never had even a minor injury.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
Breh and Breh Associates fails to conduct a simple Google search as usual.. . :skip:

Liability waivers do not protect against "Gross negligence", so the victim's family does have grounds that they can try to use to pursue a lawsuit.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
MjALEn6.png