Creed (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Ricky Conlan is really an underrated antagonist. He'd say some wild shyt, but I wouldn't hate him for it.
MJB's performance will go down as one of the most underrated.

shyt don't get realer than that.

A great grounded character that gave off real emotion.

Ala borgnine in Marty. Niven in separate tables, Duvall in tender mercies.

I remember reading a review that said MBJ performance was very old school.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I know I’m late but
tenor.gif

That Sly and Mike’s chemistry :mjcry:
Got me over here misty eyed:to:

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Going with that drago sh!t huh? They might as well have the original in it as well

Yeah, Dolph Lundgren will be in it.

I hope they pull it off. I'm not a fan of the story on the surface, but we'll see. Hopefully they don't make it a cartoon like Rocky IV. (I like Rocky IV for what it is, but prefer the direction that Rocky Balboa and Creed went.)

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I know I'm way late but I just saw this today for the first time

Really hit me when he asked rocky to let him continue so he could prove he wasnt a mistake :to:

Also the post interview when he says he wish he could tell his dad he loved him and knew he didnt want to leave him on purpose :to:

Great movie brehs :to:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I know I'm way late but I just saw this today for the first time

Really hit me when he asked rocky to let him continue so he could prove he wasnt a mistake :to:

Also the post interview when he says he wish he could tell his dad he loved him and knew he didnt want to leave him on purpose :to:

Great movie brehs :to:

Showed Coog's director skills so much more than BP

I understand Marvel has a template/formula, but, wish we saw his style more

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Showed Coog's director skills so much more than BP

I understand Marvel has a template/formula, but, wish we saw his style more
Thats the only drawback for me with BP.

Creed is the better movie imo, but you could make the case BP is better. Whats keeping me from saying that it seems we only got about 75 to 80% Coogler directing style with the movie. Its Coogler the writer that is better here than with Creed.

If Coogler made a boxing film 2hrs 13 mins it does seem odd to make a Black Panther/Wakanda movie just 2hrs 14 mins. So all those long takes that built tension and momentum were chopped down with BP. Felt like it should have been a 2hr 45 minute minute.

Also its hard to believe the same guy who did the final fight in Creed did that BP/Killmonger fight. Almost like the 2nd unit directors took over shooting some of those scenes during the final battle.

Still the BEST of Black Panther is what keeps it close for me saying its his best film.

I'm hoping Coogler gets that Nolan type treatment where they really let him loose and plus he gets comfortable with the sequel.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
"Rocky" Pound for Pound Rankings:

1. Apollo
2. Rocky
3. Clubber
4. Drago (Lang beats him IMO, like Apollo said...he's big and strong, but he's clumsy).
5. Mason Dixon
6. Adonis Creed
7. Tommy Gunn
8. Union Cane :mjlol:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps

1. Apollo
2. Rocky
3. Clubber
4. Drago (Lang beats him IMO, like Apollo said...he's big and strong, but he's clumsy).
5. Mason Dixon
6. Adonis Creed
7. Tommy Gunn
Always wished we could've seen some type of Clubber/Drago interaction. Even if it was just a cameo on a news program in the movie from Clubber like "I hope he beats Rocky's ass... and then I'll beat HIS ass!"

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

1. Apollo
2. Rocky
3. Clubber
5. Mason Dixon
6. Adonis Creed
7. Tommy Gunn
:mindblown:

rocky in second when he beat every single one of these fools... and was still out there boxing 12 rounds, in his 50s, when he already was deemed to have brain damage, back in rocky 5 :smugdraper:

apollo was champ... lost for real and was gifted a win... lost the second time... retired... then came back to get killed by number 4 on the list... pound for pound champ? hell fukking nah