Crash Bandicoot coming back to PS4(As a new game)!? Poll Added

Do you think Crash is coming to PS4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Randy Falk, director of product development at National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA)—a company that works with Sony on collectible figures—said that Sony is bringing back Crash Bandicoot during an interview at Toy Fair 2016, which began yesterday in New York City.

Speaking to Pixel Dan, Falk said, “On the modern gaming front, we’re going strong. We’ve got a lot of cool stuff going on with Sony. So we have Ultimate Kratos from God of War III that’s about to hit retail. We have Uncharted 4 Nathan Drake, which comes out in May. And thenLittleBigPlanet is doing really well, so we have some more of those here on display, too.”

After Dan compliments the Kratos figure, Falk continues: “Yeah, that’s one we wanted to do way back when, and finally, we’ve been able to get back in with Sony and get some of that stuff out. And looking at some of their other titles, I see they’re bringing Crash Bandicootback, which is really cool. There’s some great stuff there.”

Far too many signs have pointed to Sony somehow resurrecting the Crash Bandicoot series. In brief:

• Before PlayStation 4 launched, Sony released a trailer featuring subtle imagery that suggested Crash Bandicoot had returned to the company. The same trailer featured aStreet Fighter Haduoken cab service, and both Ultra Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter Vwere announced for PlayStation 4 a year later.
  • Robomodo has asked Activision if it could include Crash Bandicoot in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5, but were denied. On Twitter, the company said it was not Activision’s fault, and that it was a combination of timing and rights, so it “wasn’t much of a discussion.”
  • At PlayStation Experience 2015 in December, Sony Computer Entertainment America president and CEO Shawn Layden wore a Crash Bandicoot t-shirt with a PlayStation logo on the sleeve (pictured). He similarly wore a Vib Ribbon button-down for Sony Computer Entertainment America’s ice bucket challenge video, and Vib Ribbon was released on PlayStation Network a few months later.
  • The official PlayStation Middle East Twitter account has on and off teased Crash Bandicoot.
  • If you’re a fan of NeoGAF insiders, it’s apparently happening, according to at least onewell-trusted forum member.
Sony is bringing back Crash Bandicoot, says NECA director of product development

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In pog form.
Nah, I think he's legit coming back.

A Gaf insider who's been right on several things in the past has been teasing Crash coming at E3 2016:

He's had this right so far:
Since I've been here he:
- Teased Bloodborne over a year in advance and that it was exclusive
- FFVII Remake
- PlayStation All Stars
- TLG had been moved to PS4
- Horizon had a female main character and Rono Dino's

Dudes legit​
He's(the insider) said that the game's been in development for at least a year(at that time) so it's probably further along now.

Being right about these things aren't something you can just guess. There's too much smoke now. After seeing FFVII Remake being real. Shenmue 3 announcement, TLG being revived from the dead, NOTHING is out of the ordinary.

Plus, Crash is STILL relevant.

PushSquare made an article about it saying this:
But at what point do all of the hints, teases, and leaks coalesce as cold hard fact? We're not going to lie, every single time that we write about Crash we get huge traffic, and Sony must be seeing similar metrics internally. In truth, we honestly believe that something is happening behind the scenes. Exactly what that may be remains to be seen, though...
Toy Maker Says Sony's Bringing Crash Bandicoot Back

BELIEVE :blessed:

Last edited:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
latest

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was always confused by Crash ownership. Is it shared with Sony & Activison? Or does Activison own it outright? Or is it deal Activision owns it, but it can only be released on Sony platforms?
It was always owned by Activision. It was exclusive to Sony platforms through a deal.
Nah, leave it as a good ol' days classic.

It'll probably get fukked up if it's next generationalized (yeah, I created that word :yeshrug:)
Nah. It can definitely come out on next gen and stay faithful. The only problem is having a dev match what Naughty Dog did back then.

See Ratchet and Clank PS4 to PS2 comparison gifs:

zTnyuGv.gif

mvrfKRk.gif

ThOzt65.gif

It would probably look like this:
crash4.jpg

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It was always owned by Activision. It was exclusive to Sony platforms through a deal.

Nah. It can definitely come out on next gen and stay faithful. The only problem is having a dev match what Naughty Dog did back then.

See Ratchet and Clank PS4 to PS2 comparison gifs:

zTnyuGv.gif

mvrfKRk.gif

ThOzt65.gif

It would probably look like this:
crash4.jpg
Yeah, that's my concern (a new dev). I'm not sure they can match ND. But who knows? Maybe...

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Crash sucks. Lmao at being hyped for a crash game in 2015. Too many platformers does what crash did 100x better now.