Crash Bandicoot 1... the saving system.... the fukk

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
:what: the fukk is this shyt b just got a gameover(playing on vita) and I couldnt get a fukking save game for like the longest now i gotta restart :snoop:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I know if you were playing it on a PS1 and not using a memory card, they'd give you a password at certain points. But I don't remember the specifics behind it now

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I know if you were playing it on a PS1 and not using a memory card, they'd give you a password at certain points. But I don't remember the specifics behind it now
I remember those struggle years of having to wait and save ya money to buy a memory card cuz ya moms didn't/forgot to buy one. Was a struggle to have to explain to her that and why a memory card was necessary as well as explaining that she needed to buy a game too. Moms always on that "I paid $XXX for this, what you mean you can't play it?" Had to survive on them demo discs and game rentals for months.

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Nah I was not even given the option to save
fukking riding that pig took me out all my lives :snoop:

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I remember those struggle years of having to wait and save ya money to buy a memory card cuz ya moms didn't/forgot to buy one. Was a struggle to have to explain to her that and why a memory card was necessary as well as explaining that she needed to buy a game too. Moms always on that "I paid $XXX for this, what you mean you can't play it?" Had to survive on them demo discs and game rentals for months.
Trying to play RE 2 with no memory card was no joke

I had to flip the playstation over so it wouldn't overheat lol

It was a whole different experience once i bought that memory card :whew:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Trying to play RE 2 with no memory card was no joke

I had to flip the playstation over so it wouldn't overheat lol

It was a whole different experience once i bought that memory card :whew:
a nikka had to wait till I had my first rpg(Wild arms 2 :wow: the best) to force my moms to buy me that yellow memory card.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
a nikka had to wait till I had my first rpg(Wild arms 2 :wow: the best) to force my moms to buy me that yellow memory card.
Please believe, when Moms go buy the accessories, she's always gonna buy the knock-off joints. I remember the 2nd PSX controller I got. shyt was bulky, had a "rapid fire" switch on the top and had ridges on the side. Nobody wanted to play with the 2nd controller. Any time somebody lost a game or fight, they blamed the controller. If you want an accessory with the Sony label you had to save and buy it yourself/

playplayaj

Drumming genius
Daps
Reppin
757 VA
Please believe, when Moms go buy the accessories, she's always gonna buy the knock-off joints. I remember the 2nd PSX controller I got. shyt was bulky, had a "rapid fire" switch on the top and had ridges on the side. Nobody wanted to play with the 2nd controller. Any time somebody lost a game or fight, they blamed the controller. If you want an accessory with the Sony label you had to save and buy it yourself/
that Mad Katz controller :wow:
This internal storage got young nikkas spoiled.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

The demo discs :wow:

I think mine came with demos of Crash 2, Tomb Raider 2, and Jet Moto 2. Since Crash 1 was the only full game I had at the time, I played all of those demos to death

llt23

All Star
Daps
Crash 1 was the hardest one definitely. That boss with the machine gun was no joke

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1dX7YL2.jpg

this controller was terrible for 2d fighters...actually, terrible all around lol

Then I got a dual shock controller :whew: