COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You rocking the masks for real? I've seen a handful of people in the core wearing them around union.

I'm going full

71gETxajXaL._SL1500_.jpg

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
You rocking the masks for real? I've seen a handful of people in the core wearing them around union.

Nah, I'm getting it just in case. It's still early and I wouldn't wear these unless it becomes a serious health issue here.

I'm just concerned that it could get serious here. The Canadian government doesn't seem to take this seriously - lax airport security screening, telling people who flew on the China Southern flight to self report, not banning Chinese nationals from entering, letting people from the China Southern flight go to work and take their kids to school, etc.

We really won't know how serious this is until the end of the month.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because of rates.
Propagation rates.
Death rate(s).
That's what separates the Flu from this.
Correct but I think even when you think of the death rate and the chances of getting the flu vs coronovirus, the chances of dying from the flu is still probably higher. Just a quick math:

US pop = 300,000,000
Flu = 19Million cases, death rate of 0.10% roughly. This means a death rate of 0.01% when accounting for rate that you may catch the flu
Coronavirus = 2% death rate and about a dozen cases in the USA, which means a death rate of 0.00000008%

So flu has a 75,000% chances of killing you

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Correct but I think even when you think of the death rate and the chances of getting the flu vs coronovirus, the chances of dying from the flu is still probably higher. Just a quick math:

US pop = 300,000,000
Flu = 19Million cases, death rate of 0.10% roughly. This means a death rate of 0.01% when accounting for rate that you may catch the flu
Coronavirus = 2% death rate and about a dozen cases in the USA, which means a death rate of 0.00000008%

So flu has a 75,000% chances of killing you

US pop is 330m.
That wasn't quick math, it's :trash:math :hhh: .
For a start the death rate is that rate for people who catch it. Not everyone... :ld:. Plus any calculation done here is going to make very broad assumptions and be very imprecise. Check out posts on this guy's twitter from within the last two weeks - Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) on Twitter .. There are some "models" on there.

Also you didn't take into account the propagation rate and the fact that this is a new virus. The projections based on the propagation rate and fatality rate tell you how much of a threat this is. Of course Cv2019-whatever is going to start at a lower number of cases. It is new. It originated overseas. We do not have native organisms in the USA which carry it.

Plus to simplify we don't need to guess propagation side for the Flu as we already have historic figures that we can work off.

Bit of a meandering answer but in short 1. nah breh and 2. we will get the hard numbers soon enough.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
US pop is 330m.
That wasn't quick math, it's :trash:math :hhh: .
For a start the death rate is that rate for people who catch it. Not everyone... :ld:. Plus any calculation done here is going to make very broad assumptions and be very imprecise. Check out posts on this guy's twitter from within the last two weeks - Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) on Twitter .. There are some "models" on there.

Also you didn't take into account the propagation rate and the fact that this is a new virus. The projections based on the propagation rate and fatality rate tell you how much of a threat this is. Of course Cv2019-whatever is going to start at a lower number of cases. It is new. It originated overseas. We do not have native organisms in the USA which carry it.

Plus to simplify we don't need to guess propagation side for the Flu as we already have historic figures that we can work off.

Bit of a meandering answer but in short 1. nah breh and 2. we will get the hard numbers soon enough.

good stuff.