COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:leostare:

They say patients may be contagious from 8 - 37 days now.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article241124531.html

NATIONAL
Coronavirus patients may be contagious for weeks longer than first thought, study says
BY CHARLES DUNCAN

MARCH 12, 2020 10:00 AM coronavirus could be contagious for a lot longer than the two-week quarantine period that many countries are using, a new study says.

• Researchers looking at cases in China say patients could spread the virus for up to 37 days after they start showing symptoms, according to the study published in the British medical journal The Lancet.

On average, survivors still had the virus in their respiratory system for about 20 days and could presumably continue to spread the disease, researchers found.
    “The shortest observed duration of viral shedding among survivors was 8 days, whereas the longest was 37 days,” the researchers said.

Last edited:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

I got a meeting today at 3 pm. I'm already working from home, but I'm expecting them to announce work from home for all employees worldwide today. My company keeps tracks of all player/health and wellness stats for the Nets, guessing this will scare them into making the right decision to let people work from home full time