COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

bnew

Veteran
Daps

STUDIES GIVE CAUSE FOR CONCERN: LAUTERBACH WARNS OF INCURABLE IMMUNE DEFICIENCY CAUSED BY CORONA​

January 21, 2023 by archyde

01/21/2023 06:42 am

Anyone who gets infected with corona more often runs the risk of developing an incurable immune deficiency. According to Health Minister Lauterbach, this is indicated by various studies that are currently being further researched. As a result, the risk of chronic diseases such as dementia would increase.

According to Federal Minister of Health Karl Lauterbach, several corona infections in one person can have serious consequences for the immune system. “It is worrying what we observe in people who have had several corona infections. Studies now show very clearly that those affected are often dealing with an immune deficiency that can no longer be cured,” said Lauterbach of the Düsseldorf “Rheinische Post”. .

“This can be a risk factor for the development of chronic diseases, from cardiovascular problems to dementia,” emphasized the minister. “As I said, that’s not certain yet, it’s being intensively researched. I’m following the studies and discussing them with experts. This shows that if someone has a severely aged immune system after two infections, it’s advisable that they avoid further Covid infections,” said Lauterbach.

Speaking to the newspaper, the minister also announced a major initiative for people with Long Covid. “For example, a hotline will be set up in my ministry in a timely manner. It is intended to serve as a contact point for people who are looking for information about Long Covid,” said the SPD politician. He also wants to fund so-called healthcare research with 100 million euros in the future in order to improve the situation of those suffering from Long Covid. The aim is to find out what the optimal care concept is for those affected.

LAUTERBACH APPEALS TO CARNIVAL ORGANIZERS​

“We assume that a relevant proportion of those who fall ill after a corona infection are struggling with long-Covid symptoms. Estimates assume five to ten percent. For the individual, this often means a hard blow of fate and can even become relevant for the labor market if the number of sick people continues to rise,” explained the minister.

In view of the upcoming carnival celebrations, Lauterbach asked the organizers to offer corona tests for indoor meetings. “At the Oktoberfest in Munich we saw how not to do it,” he told the newspaper. “I therefore appeal to the organizers of carnival sessions to offer tests so that all people go to the event tested.” This can be “easily accomplished using mobile test units,” said the minister. “It’s affordable for the organizers and creates significantly more security.”

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Long Covid Is Keeping Significant Numbers of People Out of Work, Study Finds​

An analysis of workers’ compensation claims in New York found that 71 percent of claimants with long Covid needed continuing medical treatment or were unable to work for six months or more.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Haven't worn a mask in a while. I haven't been following COVID as much are these new strains serious? When I got COVID in September it was a mild inconvenience.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Was COVID at its height bigger than AIDS/HIV?

I remember seeing hella commericals and people talking about it as a kid in the 90s

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Feel free to add on:

Trump
January20: I know more about viruses than anyone.”
January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
March 13: “National emergency, two big words.”
This is still the wildest shyt I've ever read a POTUS say