Counterpart | Official Discussion Thread

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just finished season 2 and all I can say is :wow:

That’s genuinely one of the best shows I’ve watched. Top notch acting, storyline, world development, score, you name it. Every twist was hinted at and no scenes or payoffs felt cheap. My only complaint is I wish they had a few more episodes in season two to stretch things out since it got cancelled, but at least there wasn’t a big cliffhanger.

Starz really let trash ass Power run for six seasons (and get a spinoff!) but cancelled one of the GOAT shows prematurely. Smh.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Overall I thought the finale was really satisfying :ehh:. Question for those who have seen the finale

Reading some comments on other forums, there is speculation that the 2 Howards switched again. Pointing to how Howard Prime mentioned to Baldwin he made a "new deal" and how Howard looked during the crossing. That perhaps he gave his other a chance to reunite with Emily Prime and really connect with his daughter. I didn't consider that when watching the finale and took it as Howard Prime realizing he should go back to his world and should have left a long time ago. I can see either version :jbhmm:

I do hope the show is able to find life to come back for another season.

The creator talking about the finale.

Counterpart Creator Breaks Down That Nail-Biter Season Finale | TV Guide
I know you posted this a while ago but the creator did an AMA on Reddit that kind of hinted at an answer to your spoiler.

The creator said we should watch Howard closely in his last scene, and I think it confirms that the Howards did switch. When Naya visits Howard in our world he doesn’t have that scar on his ear, his demeanor is much closer to Prime’s, and the camera angle cuts off right below where our Howard had a scar on the back of his head so you can’t see anything.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Almost three years since the last episode. :mjcry:

Why can't we live on Earth Prime? :snoop:

At this point, this show should be played in schools to show kids what COULD have been.
I’m still not over this show getting cancelled but I highly, highly recommend the show Severance on Apple TV+. It’s a new sci fi thriller where the characters can only access certain memories at work and at home, and it has a similar feeling to Counterpart.

It’s only three episodes in but it is already better than most other shows out now.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I’m still not over this show getting cancelled but I highly, highly recommend the show Severance on Apple TV+. It’s a new sci fi thriller where the characters can only access certain memories at work and at home, and it has a similar feeling to Counterpart.

It’s only three episodes in but it is already better than most other shows out now.
I'll check it out
Gotta wait until I get a raise
Just bought HBO Max:francis:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I'll probably watch it once all the episodes are out but I was intrigued by the trailers.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Yo I started watching this show on Prime last night.
I thought it was new cause they had the pandemic stuff going on in it. Turns out this was made before 2020

:ohhh:

shyt kinda slow tho and I'm still confused of how the split works

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Yo I started watching this show on Prime last night.
I thought it was new cause they had the pandemic stuff going on in it. Turns out this was made before 2020

:ohhh:

shyt kinda slow tho and I'm still confused of how the split works

Stick with it - the fukkery levels get to :banderas:

I'll always remember the line about Prince still being alive on the other side - and his latest album was fire :mjcry:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Stick with it - the fukkery levels get to :banderas:

I'll always remember the line about Prince still being alive on the other side - and his latest album was fire :mjcry:

Yeah its pretty good. I can see the fukkery coming with all these different departments.

Timid Howard be having me :mjcry: he always be like "my wife is all I have :to:"

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Man show was great. Glad I caught this.
The writing was great. Did a very good job of explaining this without leaving many if any holes. Most of time shows dealing with topics like this throw in something that makes you go huh wtf they talking bout? But this show didn't have any of those hiccups.
Shoulda named this show "bytches aint shyt" cause only 1 of em was worth a damn and that was the black agent. The rest of em were lying caniving selfish ass women. Claire wasn't shyt. Neither Emily was shyt. Mira wasn't shyt.
And damn my guy Kind Howard couldn't catch a break *sadmj* all he wanted to do was be nice and love his wife and in the end what did he get...not a fukking thing cept for the freedom to do what Kind Howard wants to do instead of what Forgetful Emily wanted him to do so I guess there's that but my guy went through it all and realized I aint want that Strategies role at all if this the shyt id go through *damn*

All the actors did a phenomenal job playing both sides of themselves.
J.K did some great acting, I loved how he changed his voice for each one, did the little things to bring out each Howard so it was easy to decipher which was which.
Emily's actress was great too she was on his level acting wise. As was Quayle ole punk ass, his actor did great too transitioning from faux strong emotionless uptight corporate shill to a vulnerable sap was damn good.

Also lowkey the music in this jammed

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I still haven't learned how to play Go. I have a couple apps but the computer always smokes me. :to:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I still haven't learned how to play Go. I have a couple apps but the computer always smokes me. :to:

What app you got? Let's run a few games for a lil somethin
birdman-hand-rub.gif

I dont know how to play either btw *russ*