Counter-Strike 2 announced, Summer 2023

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Pretty disappointed with what I've seen so far.

Looks like servers are still 64 tick. Maybe sub-tick helps a bit with shooting but it still ain't 128 tick.

It's beta so it may change but I expected a lot more of UI changes and improvements.

Still no mention at all about matchmaking and anti-cheat improvements. Based on leaks looks like they're still sticking with VAC.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you have to factor in tho theres a fukk ton of games on pc that can be played on a potato, yet this one has had legs for over a decade. truly mind boggling.

Yeah it has that special sauce in the gameplay that Apex and others have. Of course CS has been around since 99.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty disappointed with what I've seen so far.

Looks like servers are still 64 tick. Maybe sub-tick helps a bit with shooting but it still ain't 128 tick.

It's beta so it may change but I expected a lot more of UI changes and improvements.

Still no mention at all about matchmaking and anti-cheat improvements. Based on leaks looks like they're still sticking with VAC.

Lets wait and see what they have to say in future updates breh. CS is the gift that keeps on giving imo, it's cheap as fukk for endless, flawless gameplay.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Lets wait and see what they have to say in future updates breh. CS is the gift that keeps on giving imo, it's cheap as fukk for endless, flawless gameplay.
You're right. Good thing is that the flawless gameplay wasn't affected by switching to a new engine and now they have the ability to keep updating the game.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right. Good thing is that the flawless gameplay wasn't affected by switching to a new engine and now they have the ability to keep updating the game.

Two things I want from this from other games - auto put into deathmatch when waiting in queue (like OW2) and can buy your fellow teammates guns/items from your buy menu (Valorant). Otherwise I'm ok if it looks cleaner and brighter with some other gameplay improvements. It would be cool if they could do something about smurfing but that is tough.

Also I want Dust2 permanently removed from the game and Cobblestone reworked and added again. :ohlawd:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Two things I want from this from other games - auto put into deathmatch when waiting in queue (like OW2) and can buy your fellow teammates guns/items from your buy menu (Valorant). Otherwise I'm ok if it looks cleaner and brighter with some other gameplay improvements. It would be cool if they could do something about smurfing but that is tough.

Also I want Dust2 permanently removed from the game and Cobblestone reworked and added again. :ohlawd:
Lack of quality of life improvements is what's surprised me the most so far in the beta, but then again it's still beta so I'm hoping they make those changes. Requesting, buying and selling weapons should've be a no-brainer to lift from Valorant. Also they should've improved the HUD and map pinging.

Smurfing will always happen but Valorant's rank up system (which is in no way perfect) is way better than CS:GO. I played CS way back in the day then few years ago I picked up CS:GO and was mediocre at best. Then took a couple of years off and when I came back again matchmaking had me in lobbies with people knowing all the smokes, perfect flashes and movement :mindblown: I can't even imagine what it feels like for someone brand new to the game.

Nah, Dust2 has to stay but I want them to bring back Aztec :flabbynsick:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lack of quality of life improvements is what's surprised me the most so far in the beta, but then again it's still beta so I'm hoping they make those changes. Requesting, buying and selling weapons should've be a no-brainer to lift from Valorant. Also they should've improved the HUD and map pinging.

Smurfing will always happen but Valorant's rank up system (which is in no way perfect) is way better than CS:GO. I played CS way back in the day then few years ago I picked up CS:GO and was mediocre at best. Then took a couple of years off and when I came back again matchmaking had me in lobbies with people knowing all the smokes, perfect flashes and movement :mindblown: I can't even imagine what it feels like for someone brand new to the game.

Nah, Dust2 has to stay but I want them to bring back Aztec :flabbynsick:

My main issue is with "unranked" dude dominating low level games (I'm low gold :mjcry:) when clearly they should be much higher.

Played Aztec a couple of times in Go but don't know it like that. They should add more maps more quickly but on the other hand I don't queue up Anubis so... :yeshrug:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Problem with playing these new maps is you just die to dudes from random angles on some :what: shyt and it kills your "want" to continue playing the map.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
My main issue is with "unranked" dude dominating low level games (I'm low gold :mjcry:) when clearly they should be much higher.
Yeah they usually pick Reyna and go for 35 kills :francis: I got up to gold 2-3 in season and a half and quit playing Valo.

I feel like in Valo it eventually evens out because you get smurfs on your team as well. But in CSGO the whole matchmaking system is broken so people don't even need to try to smurf to fukk your game up. And then on top of that there's cheaters in CSGO.

Also reporting system in Valo seems much better, you actually get a notification if someone gets banned after you report them. While in CSGO it's racist grown men yelling into a mic with no consequence :beli:

Played Aztec a couple of times in Go but don't know it like that. They should add more maps more quickly but on the other hand I don't queue up Anubis so... :yeshrug:
I played CS I think even before 1.6 so it would be aztec, italy, office, dust1 on a 32 man server. There were no competitive lobbies.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
faceit-128-subtick-confirmed-v0-x7hbfci5i7nb1.png

Grand opening, grand closing :francis:

And apparently there's bunch of hackers popping up as well :beli:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
fukk Counter-Strike, Rainbow 6 is king. Ubi needs to develop one closer to their roots. Siege was fun but it didn't feel enough like Rainbow 6 for me.

As for CS, I don't respect games where nikkas have impeccable aim without even looking down the sights.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
fukk Counter-Strike, Rainbow 6 is king. Ubi needs to develop one closer to their roots. Siege was fun but it didn't feel enough like Rainbow 6 for me.

As for CS, I don't respect games where nikkas have impeccable aim without even looking down the sights.

:camby:Dust>>>>>>>shooting at plywood and asbestos