Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
No one knows.

Ask yourself this:

When are we going to be picking this highand have the ability to get one of the top QBs in the draft class?

Our backup qb situation right now is :trash:

ANY PLAYER CAN BE A BUST, NOT JUST QB
We can look at an example from almost every draft of a top 10 pick at any position being a bust

The way I look at it is, this team has too many holes and wont win anything of significance with this roster and with JG as head coach. No player in this draft is going to help us "win now" maybe with the exception of Zeke.

This is why Id rather gamble and take one of the top 2 QBs in the draft if my scouts are telling me theyre franchise caliber
But that's what I would need to know is if they are franchise QB's or just 2nd rounders (EJ Manuel Christian Ponder) who are bumped to 1st round status.

Daps
Where I'm at for FA/Draft
  • Cut: Brandon Carr
  • Restructure: Tyrone Crawford, Tyron Smith
  • Sign Mario Williams, Casey Heyward, Colt McCoy, Morris Clairborne (prove it deal)

Trade back (#4 pick) to Miami (#8 and #42)
  • 1st round- Ezekiel Elliott (Best RB in the draft, insane pass blocker, day one starter and easy 1500+ with that line in front of him)
  • 2nd round- Andrew Billings (If he falls, Billings is a perfect fit at the 1-tech, younger than most, raw as a pass rusher)
  • 2nd round- Sterling Shepard (Monster route runner, could play in the slot and push T-Will.)
  • 3rd round- Deion Jones (just fits as an outside linebacker to me - fast, good in coverage, but raw and thin.)
  • 4th round- Deiondre Hall (long, rangy defensive back. Could play corner, curious if he could play safety. Either way DB insurance)
  • 4th round- Dak Prescott (:yeshrug:Think they bring in later, rather than Goff at 4 (which is what I think they should do). Prescott has arm + legs and needs time to grow)
  • 6th round- Kevin Byard (Safety option, someone that could be a special teams guys who could find his spot on D)
  • 6th round- Terrance Smith (another linebacker option, bigger than Jones)
  • 6th round- Delvon Simmons (could never have enough bodies on the DL. Simmons could play some 3T and 1T if he bulks up a bit)
  • 6th round- Mike Matthews (NFL bloodlines and Fredrick's deal is up soon)

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wentz is the only one out of Goff and Lynch that I'd take at 4. If hes gone im taking a second round qb.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol chill on Cardale. Yo yall notice all of Goff deep balls the wr has to slow down? :patrice: That boy Hackenberg be lauching that bytch though

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jerry said he's not taking a QB at 4. So we are either going defense (hopefully Bosa) or maybe trading back.