Could This Help With Reparations? The H.R.1242 - 400 Years of AA History Commission Act Passed

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...b1de56-7abb-11e6-bd86-b7bbd53d2b5d_story.html

So far, Eizenstat said, 29 Holocaust deportees have received $204,000 each, while 11 spouses of those who died in Nazi concentration camps or before 1948 are receiving $51,000 each. Spouses of Holocaust victims who died in or after 1948 — the start of France’s own Holocaust reparations fund for French citizens — will receive $750 for each year that the survivor lived after 1948.

Because so many Holocaust survivors and their spouses have already died, Eizenstat said, most of the claims received in the first round between November 2015 and May came from heirs.

An estate will receive what the deportee and their surviving spouse would have been eligible for, Eizenstat said.

“We made the argument [to the French government] that they were standing in the shoes of people who would have been eligible” before they died, he said.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

No surprise. I have to take a break from this stuff -- including this forum soon -- it's draining and the gaslighting and everything is annoying. And I don't wanna pop off and love my mental health..lol.

But, on the OP (topic) of this thread:

I have been emailing the main people on this commission about what they ACTUALLY did and what the Bill actually put together -- no word yet.