"Cotton Picking Cherries Then Cinnamon Next" Cotto vs Geale/ Afternoon PBC Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Martinez by Decision or KO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
at this point i want geale to relieve him of his belt lol..so geale can get the payday against canelo or face GGG again to get some unification going

After you posted the weights, I was thinking to myself that Geale chances to win may have increased being that Cotto weighed in so low. I wouldnt be surprised if Geale comes in around 175lbs being that he lost 10lbs in only 5 days.

He's gonna really rehydrate himself and Cotto may have :ufdup: himself

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
For Cotto, he is not going to come into the ring weighing 153.6. He is going is going to rehydrate. What is the point of him getting so low?
Is there a training benefit?
Seems like he would have been better off coming in at 157, which will be closer to his hydrated weight than 153.6.
:dwillhuh:

Edit: I can't believe Cotto would enter the ring that low. I would expect him to enter around 160...someone educate me.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
CGwzgitXIAAHNMc.jpg

CGwn_NhWwAAae1F.jpg

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
For Cotto, he is not going to come into the ring weighing 153.6. He is going is going to rehydrate. What is the point of him getting so low?
Seems like he would have been better off coming in at 157, which will be closer to his hydrated weight than 153.6.

Edit: I can't believe Cotto would enter the ring that low. I would expect him to enter around 160...someone educate me.

I dont understand why either....unless he plans on using his feet/movement to box Geale from the outside, since he knows Geale will be the much larger man in the ring on Saturday night

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I dont understand why either....unlegh ss he plans on using his feet/movement to box Geale from the outside, since he knows Geale will be the much larger man in the ring on Saturday night
Yeah, I am trying to figure that out.

I dont have any ring experience, just a fan, so I dont know much about cutting weight.

The Geale side is easy. In Dan's article he said Geale has been struggling to make 160, which ever likely could be his promotion throwing jabs about the catchweight. But Geale looks slightly bigger than GGG, who rehydrates to around 170. So I dont think it is unreasonable that Geale naturally rehydrates to 175. Cotto is messing with that forcing him to change his schedule, maybe the extra weight cut does n allow Geale to rehydrates as much, or maybe Geale puts on all the weight and feels sluggish. :manny:

The Cotto side confuses me. A week before he was 163. To me that would be close to his peak performance weight after camp and the rest is mostly cutting to make weight. I would expect Cotto on fight night to be 160-163.
I dont understand what being 153.6 at the weigh in does. I thought he would have been 156-157 at the weigh in.

I think i am wrong about something because Cotto weighed 155 for the Sergio fight and he didnt need to be so low.

I would love a better explanation on the strategy of cutting weight from some boxing brehs here.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
153? Cotto weighed in as a Junior Middleweight?:dahell:

Brehs......he's too small to fight GGG:snoop:

so can he fight GGG at 155:sas1:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
153? Cotto weighed in as a Junior Middleweight?:dahell:

Brehs......he's too small to fight GGG:snoop:

:lolbron:He'd drain him or no fight

Cotto isn't a MW & shouldn't even be there. He doesn't even struggle to make 154.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

Do you know what's Cotto walking around weight? You naturally cut weight from camp without even losing water.......From the picture in this thread his face doesn't looked sucked in so he didn't cut any water. My guess is he walks around at 165ish and probably just lost that from camp and eating healthy. Dude could make 147 if he is coming in at 153 without even cutting water, fukk not being a real middleweight he isn't even a real jr middle Canelo gonna split his wig. :francis:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you know what's Cotto walking around weight? You naturally cut weight from camp without even losing water.......From the picture in this thread his face doesn't looked sucked in so he didn't cut any water. My guess is he walks around at 165ish and probably just lost that from camp and eating healthy. Dude could make 147 if he is coming in at 153 without even cutting water, fukk not being a real middleweight he isn't even a real jr middle Canelo gonna split his wig. :francis:

He talking about rehydrate like Cotto cut a lot of weight.
:mjlol:Cotto looks fresh, comfortable, & willing to drain anyone that comes his way.

As you said earlier, Cotto's next catchweight for the MW title should be at 147.

If Cotto where to pull that off

9aocv7.jpg

The Catchweight Kingpin

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
He talking about rehydrate like Cotto cut a lot of weight.
:mjlol:Cotto looks fresh, comfortable, & willing to drain anyone that comes his way.

As you said earlier, Cotto's next catchweight for the MW title should be at 147.

If Cotto where to pull that off

9aocv7.jpg

The Catchweight Kingpin

I don't even like Cotto but I'm not even mad at this, dude has beyond paid his dudes and is at the tail end of his career, if he the A side then :manny: Do what you gotta do playboy.

Won't be the A side against Canelo tho :cmsas2: