Cosmo Magazine: RIP to Ethnic beauty. Love live Eurocentric features

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Why are white women so insecure? Even with images of white women plastered on magazines, advertisements, in movies, tv, and perceived as the "standard" and all this other stuff catered to them, they still feel threatened in the presence of women of color.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
There are a lot of Asian AMerican women working for Vogue and Vogue does not feature Asian American women at all. THey are in the service of white supremacy. Many black folks are too. What difference does it make that they have black employees? Operative word being EMPLOYEES. TO be emloyed not to own or control. Im drunk and Im going to take a nap. Bye.
:ohhh:
I've seen black women in vogue but never have I seen an Asian woman in vogue so you got a point.

Anyways I've always considered the fashion industry deeply steeped in white supremacy. As someone who has a tumblr blog I've seen thousands of pictures from fashion editorials. It's all the same. Promoting WASP culture. Stick thin blonde white women made up to oblivion. White men looking very effeminate but passed off as some Uber masculine standard. Endless runway shows featuring nothing but whites with a black and maybe an Asian model thrown in there. It's all about maintaining that hegemony and being a showcase of the rich white elite.
That's why I like tumblr. It's given black women in fashion a chance to shine outside of the industry.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
I've seen black women in vogue but never have I seen an Asian woman in vogue so you got a point.

Anyways I've always considered the fashion industry deeply steeped in white supremacy. As someone who has a tumblr blog I've seen thousands of pictures from fashion editorials. It's all the same. Promoting WASP culture. Stick thin blonde white women made up to oblivion. White men looking very effeminate but passed off as some Uber masculine standard. Endless runway shows featuring nothing but whites with a black and maybe an Asian model thrown in there. It's all about maintaining that hegemony and being a showcase of the rich white elite.
That's why I like tumblr. It's given black women in fashion a chance to shine outside of the industry.

I dnt know how to post pictures but google image editors of vogue and see how many Asian women are there. I counted four out of 17 women. They probably all got white husbands.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Them magazine is poison to ethnic females self esteem , don't let them deceive ya , ya the pinnacle of beauty and age like fine wine while them white bytches lookin like they hit menopause at 35 w/o makeup n shyt

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Id love to start a fashion magazine. I love that independent photos submitted by regular folk. They have the best style anyway.

Who wants to start a fashion mag with me? I'm based in the UK but we can run it together online and publish and distribute online and locally to our sisters showing round the way girls.
I got Indesign and illustrator skills I'm done :salute:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
:dwillhuh: and literally every one of the darker females look better than the so-called gorgeous ones
cosmobadlook.png

The only difference is the dark skin. We've got the ombre look the natural look and the goth lips look and the ONLY difference is skin. Take that back: skin color, and age. 'Hello, Gorgeous!' is a homosexual thing in this context. Who are the homosexuals who set this up?

I'm most interested, at this point in what the white models have to say whose photos were used.

Have they made a comment? Did anyone approach them to ask what their opinions were?

Were the homos angry anglo white boys or self-hating latin white boys and black boys?

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
cosmobadlook.png

The only difference is the dark skin. We've got the ombre look the natural look and the goth lips look and the ONLY difference is skin. Take that back: skin color, and age. 'Hello, Gorgeous!' is a homosexual thing in this context. Who are the homosexuals who set this up?

I'm most interested, at this point in what the white models have to say whose photos were used.

Have they made a comment? Did anyone approach them to ask what their opinions were?

Were the homos angry anglo white boys or self-hating latin white boys and black boys?

You raise some really good points there. I'm not sure if they ever addressed this or not.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier

I'll bet you've seen several Asian women, they just looked like that chick who hangs around Cara Delevigne who has a rich Asian father and a plain English mother: white with an Asian last name (kind of like how the Spanish surname is used over here).

Otherwise, they have to deal with this:

18iy1e0wcdqjmjpg.jpg

http://jezebel.com/5811917/british-vogue-cant-tell-its-asian-models-apart

The mindset is explained by an Asian-Australian writer, here: http://mabelkwong.com/2013/03/28/not-exactly-white-but-asian-enough-to-be-a-top-model/

....It appears that David Jones has selected an ambassador who pulls off looking both Western and Asian / ethnic. Perhaps it is just the way I perceive looks (or me being harshly judgmental about faces), but from certain angles, and I dare say with the aid of make-up and good lighting, Gomes appears to have a sharp nose, high chiseled cheekbones, plump lips and wide eyes.

That is, she has an uncanny resemblance to a tanned skinned Caucasian person, exhibiting the physical stereotypical traits of Western “beauty” when dolled up nicely. Looking closely, Gomes looks somewhat akin to a skinnier Megan Gale, David Jones’ long time Brand Ambassador.

At other times, Gomes emphatically looks Asian.

Having a “fluid faced” ambassador assists David Jones in cementing itself as a local and global retail icon, appealing to a wider range of markets than ever before. On one hand, Gomes’ Asian looks can potentially draw Asian tourists and the Asian-Australian community’s attention to the retailer. On the other, Gomes’ capacity to embody “white beauty” is likely to sit well with the majority of the population accustomed to Western standards of beauty. Or Anglo-Saxons who do not take a liking to an exotic face.

On the back of Gomes’ appointment as the new face of David Jones, local media and the modeling industry have been playing up “otherness” / ethnic looks as a brand and interpreting the concept “multiculturalism” quite loosely. Quoting Australian Fashion Council Chair Karen Webster, The Agementioned in an article titled Faces of Change, “Australia is so much more multicultural. There’s no one look anymore.”

In other words, according to the media and the fashion world, looks define the basis of multiculturalism and ethnic looks such as Gomes’ are presented as an emerging entity in the fashion world.

In truth, multiculturalism is not just about having people of different races standing side-by-side. Multiculturalism is fostered when we interact with people of different races and appreciate different cultures, people and cultures that have been around for centuries.....

(EDIT: Two off-topics while searching for photos.

The negative one: http://boards.askmen.com/forum/topics/men-s-issues/64974-am-i-right-to-hate-me-asian-mom-white-dad (I wonder if the thread starter was Elliot Rodgers, under a different screen name, because if not.... white dudes may have more to worry about from their own Asian sons than black dudes. )

The positive one but only if they took away her bleached hair and intentionally Scandinavian hairstyles: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...eals-first-asian-american-spokesmodel-n331421 )

Last edited:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Id love to start a fashion magazine. I love that independent photos submitted by regular folk. They have the best style anyway.

Who wants to start a fashion mag with me? I'm based in the UK but we can run it together online and publish and distribute online and locally to our sisters showing round the way girls.

I've been thinking about this for about 6 months but I don't have the industry networking...I'm down for this! this will be awesome!

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
I've been thinking about this for about 6 months but I don't have the industry networking...I'm down for this! this will be awesome!

It would be. I love images from tumblr but I must say if yo momma aint black, if you weren't twerking before Miley, you cant be in the mag. Sorry. Not sorry.

Last edited: