Copa América 2024 [6/20-7/14] “Coming 2 America” (Final: Argentina/Colombia)

Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Still early in the GS. By the KOs the tourney will pick up.

2021 and 2019 Copa’s weren’t really anything to write home about tbh

I think the US will do good but I'm definitely a little concerned. At least this has been a trial run. Whats been the issue from your point of view? Attendance? Turf?

One thing I'm worried about is player safety these temperatures are going to be no joke. Playing afternoon games in Miami, Santa Clara or Kansas City in the heat/ humidity is going to be
I'm not talking about quality of games, just overall presentation. 2021 was played without crowds so that's just out of the window as a comp with anything.

2019 felt like a legit continental competition. This year it just feels like a pre season tournament so far. These huge stadiums that are at least 1/3 empty for most games, amateur treatment of the pitches and a bizarre decision on host cities and travel for both fans and teams. Just a lazy job all around, imo. It feels like the US gave Conmebol the money, picked whatever stadiums they thought would do the job and called it a day :scust:
The big issue will be the internal travel required to attend the games. Realistically, you could host all of the WC in the NE corridor from DC to Boston. Games are very accessible by train or buses along I-95. The issue is the US is so big that having a WC in the US and not hitting Florida, Texas, Cali etc just seems odd.

From a commercial standpoint, FIFA finna cash out
Yup, The should've done this tournament in like 3 states in call it a day. Y'all have incredible infrastructure, there was no need to make it so far wide and make it a pain for fans and teams.
Copa America will be hosted in the US again in the near future. Too much money to be made and I’m sure the players don’t mind it as well. It’s a bit of a summer holiday in the US and they already play WCQ back in South America.
Like I said, Conmebol is fukking terrible. They would absolutely hold this tournament in Saudi if the money was right. Players and fans, I can tell you as a Southamerican that no one likes the U.S hosting the cup, specially so many in so little time. There was already backlash over the Centenario edition but money talks I guess.

I just question the need for the U.S to host it when you can tell they've put as little effort as possible to host it. I truly hope FIFA goes :ufdup: and forces them to get their head out of their ass for the WC. I know Mexico is gonna make it a huge spectacle filled with fukkery at least :pachaha:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
This isn't the Gold Cup. They are not worried about just where the diasporas live, all they care about is where the NFL quality stadiums are with the suites.

Yes and no. From a pricing perspective, you’ll always want close to full capacity especially in the earlier group stages. The semi’s and finals will always be packed so you can host in whatever the fanciest stadium is.

Copa 2016 had the highest attendances ever since they went to a tournament format. Like I said before, if you think some of these attendances are bad, all you have to do is go back to the past.
Never said this Copa’s attendance was poor. US Copas have higher average attendance than all Copas hosted in 20 yrs this I know.

I’m arguing they could optimize revenue and attendance if they got smarter with scheduling.

The Colombia vs Paraguay match got 67K in attendance. Imagine having that match in the NYC area instead (assuming there’s a stadium of similar size and quality). Could easily hit 75K at full capacity.

I'm not talking about quality of games, just overall presentation. 2021 was played without crowds so that's just out of the window as a comp with anything.

2019 felt like a legit continental competition. This year it just feels like a pre season tournament so far. These huge stadiums that are at least 1/3 empty for most games, amateur treatment of the pitches and a bizarre decision on host cities and travel for both fans and teams. Just a lazy job all around, imo.
Nah bro, 2019 Copa had empty seats and the pitches were poor, too. I watched that Copa closely. Same with 2015, low attendance.

Google it. Average attendance at the 2016 (46k) Copa was higher than 2007 (40k), 2011 (34k), 2015 (25k), 2019 (33k) Even the 2024 running avg (46k) will likely top 2016.

Agree with the travel bit but 1) the best stadiums are all over the country 2) there’s the tourism factor of things, you want people to see different parts of the country. It happens with every footie tournament, it’s multi city unlike the Olympics. US is just a big ass country lol

.Players and fans, I can tell you as a Southamerican that no one likes the U.S hosting the cup, specially so many in so little time. There was already backlash over the Centenario edition but money talks I guess.

If not the US then who? Last I remembered, Ecuador pulled out and Brazil didn’t want to host 3 in a row.

Players dislike it? Idk man…I’ve seen / heard different :patrice:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
This isn't the Gold Cup. They are not worried about just where the diasporas live, all they care about is where the NFL quality stadiums are with the suites.

Copa 2016 had the highest attendances ever since they went to a tournament format. Like I said before, if you think some of these attendances are bad, all you have to do is go back to the past.

I went to all the games in Belo in that Copa working as a backup interpreter in pre and post game press conferences :lolbron:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
My guess they want to ease him into the squad and not overwhelm him.

Is this game worth watching?

I’m locked into the Stanley cup

Feels like Brazil is gonna eventually score (and probably run it up)...not much from Costa Rica thus far