Cool man cave gadget: StripSun LED Strip Lights SMD 5050!!!!!!************πππππ

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I copped off alliexpress for my kids room a while back. shyt is dope and they love it... It's the same exact one. One thing...its from China so Be wary of the power adapter because it is poorly made and will cause a fire. I replaced mine with a better one. (Im a electrician btw)
What makes a power supply faulty and what model is a better one

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What makes a power supply faulty and what model is a better one

Just overall poorly made...everything inside is probably poorly connected. What causes electrical fires is when metal components aren't tightly set, it causes the electricity to arc and get so hot until it eventually sets fire...like I said when I got mine, i cecked/pulled the prong the goes in the wall out super easy...if I didn' know better I'm 99% sure it would have caused a fire and my purpose for buying it was to use as a nightlight:francis:

Just any properly rated power supply will do...not really a model but just one that was inspected by UL listed electrician ...I
For example, it will say 120v ac-12v dc. Just use one that says the same with a UL logo on it...

It' kinda how them hoverboards were burning up

Last edited:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Do you need the bridge for the Philips LED strips? Also Best Buy has the Philips Hue color starter kit on sale today only for $139
$139 is a little pricey for the started kit, isn't it? I swear I've seen slickdeal posts for like $90 for the starter kit. Maybe it was white bulbs only...I could be wrong, though.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Do you need the bridge for the Philips LED strips? Also Best Buy has the Philips Hue color starter kit on sale today only for $139
That starter kit has been on sale for a minute.
$139 is a little pricey for the started kit, isn't it? I swear I've seen slickdeal posts for like $90 for the starter kit. Maybe it was white bulbs only...I could be wrong, though.
Yes. The white bulb kit is cheaper.

I've been thinking about getting google home and one of the multicolor kits but I'm not sure that I'll find it all that useful.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
That starter kit has been on sale for a minute.

Yes. The white bulb kit is cheaper.

I've been thinking about getting google home and one of the multicolor kits but I'm not sure that I'll find it all that useful.
Idk much about Google Home yet but I can honestly tell you that with having 4 Echo Dots around the house, GE Link bulbs in almost every room, and motion sensors that control the lights, it's already sick so that Phillips Hue with colored bulbs would be crazy. If you have any artwork or whatever on you walls you would be able to highlight them in different colors, have your bathroom different colors at different times of day or change it based on your mood, etc, all with motion and/or your voice.

I don't recommend too many things to people but I'm telling you, go for it.

Edit: I think ima grab this light strip too and plug it into a smart socket. IFTTT it into the smart home setup :patrice:

Last edited:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have them, got it from Amazon usb powered, shyt ton of different colors, different flashing settings too

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
I was just thinking about this earlier

I’ve been hesitant about purchasing