Cooked Kings, bytchmade bigs, and shytty snitches: Your 2022-23 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

How we looking brehs?

• Total voters

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
They didn't draft poorly. They failed to develop players. Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Ball

All became really good players once they were traded from the Lakers.

They were good players while on the lakers, just too young to fit the timeline of a team that suddenly found themselves in win-now mode after signing an older (yet still great) all-timer in Bron…and used the value of those drafted players to acquire a in-prime franchise guy in AD who had an MVP caliber first year with the squad…and helped the lakers go from missing the playoffs the year prior to winning the chip …it’s not like those draft picks were just completely wasted assets (randle notwithstanding)…even if the Lakers are a glamour franchise that don’t build explicitly through the draft, FRP’s still have value such that they can’t just throw them away for shyts and giggles

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Bynum was a nice player, but he's not close to being a Laker legend. He wasn't really a factor in the 09-10 championships.
I can respect that. He was on his way tho breh. . It seemed like he had it all figured out that season ...

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
IMO Jeanie wanted a quick fix after the Jim Buss years. She got her wish landing LeBron and all that comes with keeping a superstar happy.
I mean she is the reason Jimbo was wilding out too. She would tell Kevin Ding to write hit pieces on him everyday. She gave Jim a 2 year window to build a contender on a rebuilding team :pachaha: . Jim and Mitch went full dumb and tried to get Mozgov and Deng. In hindsight Jim was rebuilding and doing the right thing outside of his coaching hiring

Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Daps
IMO Jeanie wanted a quick fix after the Jim Buss years. She got her wish landing LeBron and all that comes with keeping a superstar happy.

Who can keep LeBron happy? Not many teams can, his personal life and business is 1st.

Anywhere LeBron goes teams gotta do a 180, just life a this point, even when he was on the Heat the offense had to be adjusted since his skillset is pretty unique.

AA 6'8 point forward that usually not a great shooter but slasher, scorer, only his last maybe 4 to 5 years his shot really improved.

I didn't think it made sense bringing in AD but I can't say much since he did win a chip in the Covid year. But Lebron and him need better spacing, I always felt LeBron really excels with either PG's or SG's, I still remember Mo Williams being pretty good back in early LBJ career.

Dude is just a hard fit for any team, now older it's even worse since he's slowing down.

Lakers just weird man, I'm convinced they follow the money and Lebron brings in the bread even if they stink.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I mean she is the reason Jimbo was wilding out too. She would tell Kevin Ding to write hit pieces on him everyday. She gave Jim a 2 year window to build a contender on a rebuilding team :pachaha: . Jim and Mitch went full dumb and tried to get Mozgov and Deng. In hindsight Jim was rebuilding and doing the right thing outside of his coaching hiring

If Jim could have headed the scouting department and Jeanie managed the day to day operations, Lakers would be in much better shape than they are right now.

Ego and sibling pettiness have killed the Lakers since Dr. Buss passed.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Everything started careening off the rails when they brought in Drummond and undermined Vogel by promising him a starting spot. That was the first moment where they went out of their way to get somebody AD and/or LeBron wanted. The Westbrook trade was obviously the nuclear bomb they dropped on themselves.

The Drummond move was the beginning of ownership showing how weak they really are. The 2020-21 team was cruising until LeBron went down. Instead of realizing they had a terrific team in place with the right pieces around LeBron and AD, they started caving to the whims of those two and destroyed what they built.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Everything started careening off the rails when they brought in Drummond and undermined Vogel by promising him a starting spot. That was the first moment where they went out of their way to get somebody AD and/or LeBron wanted. The Westbrook trade was obviously the nuclear bomb they dropped on themselves.

The Drummond move was the beginning of ownership showing how weak they really are. The 2020-21 team was cruising until LeBron went down. Instead of realizing they had a terrific team in place with the right pieces around LeBron and AD, they started caving to the whims of those two and destroyed what they built.
Getting Westbrook was a mutual deal between BOTH the star players in AD and the front office. Selling the Laker fans on a 3 headed monster bringing in Russ is alot better for business than getting good role players

Make ton of $$ on merchandise, get to keep up your mystique as a team who caters to stars, and win a lot of games, all while being free of cap space after 2 years vs 3 years with Derozan (this was the thinking of the front office).. it just turned out Russ turned into the worst starter in the NBA, and arguably one of the worst players in general in the NBA

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
She got us a chip in the end. Also nikkas forget we got a chip despite being sabotaged by Kawhi and his bytch ass uncle the free agency before that season. Had we not waited in Kawhi and signed nikkas like Jimmy Butler and others. The Lakers would’ve been in a way better position rn :manny: