Essential Conspiracy Thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The time period is irrelevant because the etymology of the word doesn't change. I think I'll go with what the dictionary says about the words over your context.

But the dictionary definition was exactly what I said it was. Look at the definition in Dictionary.com:

"a subordinate deity, as the genius of a place or a person's attendant spirit."

That's literally the EXACT way the term is used in the books. It's the way it's used in all sorts of fantasy literature, it's always what the word meant. You don't understand that there is more than one definition for words.

There are even "daemon" programs in computer programming - do you think they named those programs after evil demons? Maybe you need a computer programmer to set you straight:

Many people equate the word "daemon" with the word "demon", implying some kind of satanic connection between UNIX and the underworld. This is an egregious misunderstanding. "Daemon" is actually a much older form of "demon"; daemons have no particular bias towards good or evil, but rather serve to help define a person's character or personality. The ancient Greeks' concept of a "personal daemon" was similar to the modern concept of a "guardian angel"—eudaemonia is the state of being helped or protected by a kindly spirit. As a rule, UNIX systems seem to be infested with both daemons and demons.

That's from 1988, seven years before the book was written, and is the way the word is ALWAYS used. The fact that you have no idea what the word means, and never heard it before, but are arguing with people who actually know the word AND can point to the definition in a dictionary is wild.

Your entire argument is based off something you saw in a random Youtube video and you think that gives you 100% knowledge on the subject. :russ: