Consequence speaks on Kanye, Pusha-T, Big Sean (G.O.O.D Music) Breakfast Club

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Aside from the beef they have Cons is sayin somethin though. Its to much politics in the rap game. Like damn all the fans of rap just want some good music. All this ego trippin is crazy. Now I see why all these rappers have stables of under links. Its like they're vampires suckin all the talent/swag of they're artists and leavin them to dry. They're mostly tax write offs or ghost writers.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
And this is why its WACK to even sign to a major these days..these muthafukkas want u to do THEIR job and still get paid for it..fukk outta here...the whole point of me signing to this muthafukka is to get that extra backing and u tellin me I gotta do fukkin everything myself yet u wanna take MORE off my plate than normal wit these shytty 360 deals n shyt..the major label music biz is straight fukked up..and there's no way to spin it..there's enough outlets now..might as well get a manager and do it urself..how da fukk u gonna sign an artists to ya shyt and then tell em they budget ain't big enough for u to get in the studio wit em?..yet u sharkin they whole swag and blowin up and makin cash off it..fukkin greedy snakes..
:ohhh: Yooo son I was just about to quote/post the same exact thing

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
Aside from the beef they have Cons is sayin somethin though. Its to much politics in the rap game. Like damn all the fans of rap just want some good music. All this ego trippin is crazy. Now I see why all these rappers have stables of under links. Its like they're vampires suckin all the talent/swag of they're artists and leavin them to dry. They're mostly tax write offs or ghost writers.

I believe you mean underlings. Also, it's not fair to complain about the 'politics in the rap game' when you actively seek them out. The existence of the politics doesn't prevent dope music from getting made.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I believe you mean underlings. Also, it's not fair to complain about the 'politics in the rap game' when you actively seek them out. The existence of the politics doesn't prevent dope music from getting made.
Thats true. To be honest I dont care to much now. Like 5 or so yrs ago it mattered cause nobody mainstream wise was droppin anything hot. And i've been able to find some of the dopest shyt i ever heard now.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
275667642.gif

Consequence, Raekwon and Kanye bare striking resemblances to beavers, they need to unite.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Its kind of fukked up how niccas competing for release dates. Dont get me wrong, I know hiphop was based on competition, but damn.

at this point, if you have a name for yourself already, theres no reason to be on a label, esp a label controlled by another rapper :stopitslime:

just stay independent

all you need is the internet and you can create enough of a following for people to attend your shows. and sell your records on itunes.

:yeshrug:

there really isn't a benefit. I mean hell even cats that are established like pusha t who has a platinum album under his belt getting his project shelved. might as well go the drake/rick rauce route and release them shyts yourself. a cat like pusha t would definitely at least make some bread off that instead of sitting around waiting on ye for him to :eat:

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
I think the issue is that a lot of rappers still want to be stars.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
No point signing to a major? You dudes know that these rappers are doing whats best for them right? They are not stupid fukks getting lured into stuff. Pusha been in the game for damn near 15 years, he knows about labels and he knows about grind.

It's about getting a lot of stuff for "free", travel expenses, industry exposure, having a team doing shyt for you and a bunch of things so that you don't have to worry about anything besides making music. You might get lucky and hit the jackpot like Mac Miller, but most times it's better to be a "failing" artist on major like Pusha-T than to be a failing artist indie like J. Kwon.

To go indie you need money, a business mind, an office taking care of a bunch of things, lawyers, transportation, quick access to studios all over the country and a bunch of other things to even be a major league indie player.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I don't give a fukk what Conz say..u don't sign a nikka and refuse to work wit him cause of budget..that's bytch shyt..Basically Ye was bout to run that nikka Big Sean's whole style and then not put him out..industry is fake as fukk..

he didn't say refuse to work with him

but he said put effort into their project

emoney

custom user title
Daps
first two posts in this thread are clearly hating on Consequence because he's telling the truth about how the rap game is

This whole Pusha T vs. Wayne beef reeks of a rapper trying to get the attention of his label so that he can get a release date. I saw it from a mile away and anyone else who is a discerning individual should have seen it as well.

OGJOHNNY5

Sober Poster
Daps
Reppin
*Sohh ICEY* VA -- 757/804/703
that 1-1-3 comment was so trill :leon:

and i'll admit as much as he annoys me at times, Big Sean worked hard without Kanye's help to get where he is. its funny to hear this story and think about the tension they may or may not have.