CONFIRMED: Frank Miller To Conclude Trilogy With THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i disagree with player above who says a batman book won't sell without superman.

batman begins and superman returns both made around the same give or take $5+- million, batman still became to be a household name through the box office with sequels and popularity grew even more with newer generations thanks to lego movie. if you don't believe me, go to your local toy store and tell me how many batman toys you see versus superman toys.

a new frank miller book at the height of the batman generation is just going to add fuel to the fire. why else do you think they got an actor fresh off an oscar win to play joker? because the batman legend is greater and more money-making than the superman legend.

so in this case, fukk kal-el.

that "master race" shyt is suspect tho.

I was talking about frank miller, not bats himself....

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i disagree with player above who says a batman book won't sell without superman.

batman begins and superman returns both made around the same give or take $5+- million, batman still became to be a household name through the box office with sequels and popularity grew even more with newer generations thanks to lego movie. if you don't believe me, go to your local toy store and tell me how many batman toys you see versus superman toys.

a new frank miller book at the height of the batman generation is just going to add fuel to the fire. why else do you think they got an actor fresh off an oscar win to play joker? because the batman legend is greater and more money-making than the superman legend.

so in this case, fukk kal-el.

that "master race" shyt is suspect tho.
batman has been handled better over the last 10 years hence why he makes more money right now. but prior to batman begins he was hurtin big time, and a lot of ppl thought the idea of another batman movie was a bad idea.

meanwhile the following year superman returns came out, generated even more hype, and made more money in its opening weekend... and despite being the biggest flaming pile of shyt ever made, still managed to rake in pretty decent dough.

at the present moment it actually bothers me that superman isn't as popular with the kids as he used to be. these days it's marvel. spiderman and avengers rule the realm. and yea, batman still holdin it down as well. but again it speaks to how poorly superman has been handled on a mainstream media level.

and yet despite all that... despite the fact that he has no videogames out, that he isn't the most popular doll in the toy aisle anymore...despite the fact that his movies have blown dikk, despite the fact that there are no new cartoons on tv for the kids... he still remains the most iconic and most well known character of them all.

Look at the cover of that frank miller book even. the thing that makes that cover powerful isn't even the silhouette of batman, it's the bloody superman logo. the fukkin LOGO commands more attention than any other character.

you almost can't even go a single day in your everyday life without witnessing some kind of superman reference. just today I saw a laundry detergent commercial where a kid wore a red cape and pretended to fly. he is quite easily the most prolific character ever conceived in american fiction and he is the closest thing we have to a holy religious figure.

75 years from now I don't know if kids will still be playing with avengers toys...but somehow I think there's a chance that there will still be superman toys.

the moment superman appears in a big hit, and he's portrayed in the way that made people fall in love in the first place, he will shoot right back to the top of the pecking order. watch.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
That's before we even get to -
Holy_Terror_cover.png

which by his own admission was propaganda. DC probably took one look at it and hit the :whoa:
Funny enough, I remember reading somewhere that this was supposed to be a Batman story before what you said actually happened. DC felt that shyt would be hella problematic and shelved it.

Did he even finish that shyt?
Nope. That shyt is never going to end.