Complex Magazine with the blatant skin whitening on a black actress...

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Now this is what Jessica Lucas looks like. She was in a few joints....Cloverfield, Evil Dead, The Covenant, Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
936full-jessica-lucas.jpg

tumblr_ml6t8lh3xr1r1ik4go1_1280.jpg

jessica-lucas-cw-att-presents-melrose-place-nLiJvS.jpg

This is her in the new Complex photo shoot :beli:
jessicalucascomplexlead.jpg

Jessica+Lucas+Complex+Magazine+April+2013.jpg

Whoaaa....who is this and why hav I never seen her? :noah:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
You can't be too mad at anyone else for that Beyonce stuff though

That's happened to her too many times with too many publications for her not to be personally in on it

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Complex Magazine is what happens when you let White folks "own" Hip-Hop culture.

That and Macklemore.

Remember when Marc Echo bought the Barry Bonds home run ball to destroy it?

Yeah, I was done with him then.

They claim to be a Hip-Hop magazine, but 90% of the broads they give props to are non-Black, all they do is try to find ways to promote Eminem as the greatest this or the greatest that.

No real difference between them and MTV2 or something.

Complex isn't really a Hip-Hop magazine though? It's more a men's lifestyle publication that happens to mention urban music, they are really trying to get on their GQ/Esquire tip rather than Source/XXL tip.

I saw a print version at the dentist and it was more of a style guide and overall entertainment guide, it's just music is one of their popular sections.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
But if these chicks allow it to happen time and again then it isn't really a big deal right?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm more upset about that Beyonce shyt:damn:.....so what if if it is just extra bright "lighting",if ur lighting has sumbody lookin borderline like another race fix the damn lighting or put on darker makeup....that's exactly what they would do unless they thought that "lighting" makes them look superior:mjpls:

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
Complex Magazine is what happens when you let White folks "own" Hip-Hop culture.

That and Macklemore.

They claim to be a Hip-Hop magazine, but 90% of the broads they give props to are non-Black, all they do is try to find ways to promote Eminem as the greatest this or the greatest that.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I dunno, maybe sone skin lighting is involved but I know in my case, I look extra light in some pics and darker in others but that may have more to do with the sun and lighting.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Mark Echo, not his real surname, is a Jew.Ethnic Jews are not white/caucasian.

He's a White Jew though. The real Jews are Asiatic. He aint one of em.

Complex isn't really a Hip-Hop magazine though? It's more a men's lifestyle publication that happens to mention urban music, they are really trying to get on their GQ/Esquire tip rather than Source/XXL tip.

I saw a print version at the dentist and it was more of a style guide and overall entertainment guide, it's just music is one of their popular sections.

They're like both.

They're always doing "Greatest MC's of All-Time" shyt and "Greatest Hip-Hop moments" type shyt.

Plus, they pretty much exclusively cover Hip-Hop celebrities and news.

Not a whole lot of Nickelback and Mumford and Sons in Complex.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That and Macklemore.

Sounds like a hiphop through & through to me :pachaha:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
He's a White Jew though. The real Jews are Asiatic. He aint one of em.

They're like both.

They're always doing "Greatest MC's of All-Time" shyt and "Greatest Hip-Hop moments" type shyt.

Plus, they pretty much exclusively cover Hip-Hop celebrities and news.

Not a whole lot of Nickelback and Mumford and Sons in Complex.

They do cover indie and electronic music on the music section but I'll give you the hip-hop part. The other sections of the site though are about style, sneakers, pop culture, etc..

I'm only trying to make this point because a friend of mine interned at another (white) men's magazine and he said the experience was very similar except Complex had a few more black people working there.