Complete GT Sport VS. Forza 7 comparison.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
GT-Sport-logo.jpg
VS.
PROHANS_E3_Driver.jpg

Reviews:

Gran Turismo Sport 75:flabbynsick:

Forza Motorsport 7 86 :win:

Technology

The approach and philosophy of the studios may vary, and the implementation of key features in Forza and Gran Turismo reflects very different priorities in development - but the rivalry is real, and competition drives excellence. This 2017 face-off shows both Turn 10 and Polyphony Digital handing in exceptional releases, but with so much to learn from each other's products, the next match-up should be even more fascinating.
I find it fascinating the different strategies and techniques to reach the same or similar goal. These teams put a lot of work and love into these games and deserve recognition for it. Racing has become a niche genre, but for those of us still playing, there's no better time to be alive:blessed:

Graphics:
I made this section separate cause you can talk about all the technical stuff in the background, but ultimately it's about how it all comes together in front of your eyes.

5.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

I think as a package Forza looks better overall. The atmospheric effects make the tracks seem more alive. Also the camera and the way the car moves on the track makes Forza look faster and more exciting. The cars in GT seem to float over the track not really turning.

More to come later......

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have GT Sport, and it's the best looking racing game I've ever seen. The image quality takes a slight hit because it's not native 4k like Forza 7 for Xbox One X and PC (its 1800p CB on PS4 Pro) but the HDR use and lighting model more than make up for it.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Is this (Gran Turismo Sport) a spin off like Forza Horizon, or is it a mainline sequel?

If the latter, seems like GT has been dethroned (strictly from a review stand point)

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Is this (Gran Turismo Sport) a spin off like Forza Horizon, or is it a mainline sequel?

If the latter, seems like GT has been dethroned (strictly from a review stand point)
GT has BEEN dethroned.

There are several PC only racers I would rather play than GT as well.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Played both over the weekend, GT's online racing is incredibly well done. I'm honestly shocked at how smooth it was and the precautions they take. The ghosting feature needs to be copied by everyone asap. It's more like a polished Project Cars than any other previous GT or FM.

Forza gives you more game for the money at this point in time. Though they do some things wrong in this version VS 6 (loot boxes, physics going ape when brakes are applied, presentation imo is way down and not as good) but again, you get more game. I dislike the car tiering and career progression but that's what you gotta live with for now.

I hope they take GTS's gameplay and just start creating car models for a GT7. If it was its own mode instead of a full fledged game it could easily be the best in the series. It's that damn good... As an online race mode. Not as something to sell the game on. It reminds me of Titanfall 1. Excellent execution but no meat on the bone. :dame:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
which one lets me race in the rain from my submarine? :patrice:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Forza 7 isn't simulation. :heh:

Forza 7 is simulation. Neither are comparable to hardcore PC sims due to being on console and thus, built to be played with controller vs. steering wheel, but they are def sim racers.