Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Harvard and all these "teaching schools" (hospitals) used to steal the dead bodies of slaves and black people in contemporary history. They also used to experiment on slaves and even free black people, in conjunction with the local police and federal government because blacks had no rights.They hired black men (grave robbers) to steal the bodies to be used as cadavers.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
:snoop: my alma mater is on that list, unsurprisingly. i was talking to someone recently about how the architecture of the area i lived in is STILL reminiscent of the era of slave trading... old colonial style houses dating back to 1600-1700, designated as a rich part of the region's history...

america's entire history is seeped in blood... even it's most vaunted institutions. good thread.
What goes around comes around. I can guarantee those old slave traders' great great granddaughters are getting gangbanged by the football team or are getting shytted on by some Arab Prince in Dubai.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brooks Brothers didn't start out making clothes for slaves :comeon:
They started out as a clothier in NY, and changed their name when the kids inherited the company.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes they did! Don't try to rewrite history
I almost worked there, I know the history pretty well.
Started by Henrry Brooks, he was a food salesman, then he sold his shop and opened up a haberdashery/tailor spot in Manhattan. When he died, his sons changed the name and expanded the clothing store. Pretty soon it was known for quality (a quality it had until the 60s/70s).
Presidents, statesman, and bankers wore the clothing, it wasn't cheap.