Come in Here if you ever played Mario Kart N64

Daps
I still remember getting into a huge verbal argument as a youth with my friends over the rules of our custom style of team play on Mario Kart N64 (local 4 players)
sddefault.jpg

Which is the better set of rules for custom 2 vs 2 play?

Scenario 1:
First player of any of the two teams to come in 1st place wins it for their team.

For example: Team A wins if Homie1 crosses the finish line first even if his partner comes in 4th

Or

Scenario 2:

Team A member can come in 1st place but if both members of "Team B" come in places 2nd and 3rd, they won cause the second member of Team A came in 4th. This was my choice back in the day but nikkas was hating :heh:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
#1 makes the most sense but if you got stuck with someone that wasn’t good then all you can do is hope the RNG gods are on your side

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Wut. There were no teams with my friends. You either first or your mama a bytch for having you.

Damn this took me back. I remember goldeneye, mario kart and wave racer had us at each others neck. Had them boxing gloves out back cuz brehz couldn't take the l and wanted to take your teeth after.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I still remember getting into a huge verbal argument as a youth with my friends over the rules of our custom style of team play on Mario Kart N64 (local 4 players)
sddefault.jpg

Which is the better set of rules for custom 2 vs 2 play?

Scenario 1:
First player of any of the two teams to come in 1st place wins it for their team.

For example: Team A wins if Homie1 crosses the finish line first even if his partner comes in 4th

Or

Scenario 2:

Team A member can come in 1st place but if both members of "Team B" come in places 2nd and 3rd, they won cause the second member of Team A came in 4th. This was my choice back in the day but nikkas was hating :heh:
Game was ass because you couldn't turn off computer assist. SNES mario kart was better

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Scenario 1 allows for one of the players to sacrifice their personal standing to play defense for the person in the lead. I prefer Scenario1