College brehs, How are you paying for school?

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
I have $5,500 in loans, $6045 in grants and a small $1,500 in Work-study.
I get depressed everyday knowing i'll owe $22 stacks in loans after graduation. :bryan:Hopefully I can qualify for a few more grants after this semester to lessen my debt load by atleast 5 thousand,I'm aiming for 10 by senior year. My mom paid off her house,so she said she's going to pay off most of my loans now. When I graduate I'll move back home and freeload. Work and live for free until me and my mom pay off my loans in a couple years :blessed:

So how are you guys paying? And what do you plan to do about the debt, if you have any at all?:ld:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
graduated last year, i have about 37k in debt (apparently thats not alot)

I pay about 200 per month toward my fed loans (went ahead and consolidated them) and 100 a month towards my perkins loan.

-DMP-

HideoKojima

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
graduated last year, i have about 37k in debt (apparently thats not alot)

I pay about 200 per month toward my fed loans (went ahead and consolidated them) and 100 a month towards my perkins loan.

-DMP-
Explain consolidation? I think I should've gotten that perkins instead of the Federal subsidized since I plan on teaching at an low-income school

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Explain consolidation? I think I should've gotten that perkins instead of the Federal subsidized since I plan on teaching at an low-income school

It combines all your fed loans into one loan and takes the avg of all the interest rates. It also allows ppl who borrowed before 2006 to lock in a prime interest rate. (For those who borrowed after 2006, certain loans have certain fixed rates depending on the year you borrow.)

But on the downside, you lose any perks that come with the loan.

Its worth researching, might or might not be worth it to you.

-DMP-

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
my classes are cheaper this semester, the 5500 pell grant and the ill fed grant plus a few scholarships i applied for that finally came thru will cover all my expenses this semester.

After I'm done with school, (not law school) ill owe, 30k in total.

HideoKojima

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It combines all your fed loans into one loan and takes the avg of all the interest rates. It also allows ppl who borrowed before 2006 to lock in a prime interest rate. (For those who borrowed after 2006, certain loans have certain fixed rates depending on the year you borrow.)

But on the downside, you lose any perks that come with the loan.

Its worth researching, might or might not be worth it to you.

-DMP-
Hmmm... I see. Its sounds attractive, i'll check that out. I only took out the Federal joints because I didn't wanna go private, them nikkas are rutheless and predatory. MOTHERfukk SALLIE MAE

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
tumblr_mkanxlCQV21s6b55co1_400.gif

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Parents paid for me thru my sophomore year :blessed: I ain't got no worries :gladbron: :stylin:

But these last two years
ibdGoJT4S6odhc.gif
them loans is a comin :sadbron: