Coli's Tips and Tricks on Attaining Cheap Airfare!

aliG

Pro
Daps
Dear Members/Lurkers of the Coli,

We got a good thread that lays out the blueprint on getting deals on future car purchases. What the Coli lacks tho is one for getting cheap airfares! What do you guys do (purchase only on X days, go through certain sites, voodoo tricks) in order to get the cheapest tix?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
go on priceline.com and buy whatever the cheapest tix they have to where I'm going...I don't have a special ritual or nothing.

but can you gain those miles you acquire from booking through sites like these? i'm all about my frequent flyer miles so i always book directly through the airline i'm going to fly with. the pricing doesn't seem much different to even warrant looking at those sites unless you're on multiple flights and changing airline companies in the process. only then does it seem like they find you a good deal...

aliG

Pro
Daps
ive noticed cheapoair.com to have the absolute dirt cheap prices on airfare.
also when it comes to the major airlines, US Airways has by far the cheapest airfares.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
but can you gain those miles you acquire from booking through sites like these? i'm all about my frequent flyer miles so i always book directly through the airline i'm going to fly with. the pricing doesn't seem much different to even warrant looking at those sites unless you're on multiple flights and changing airline companies in the process. only then does it seem like they find you a good deal...

idk? I don't give a fukk about them shyts :pachaha:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
idk? I don't give a fukk about them shyts :pachaha:

man, you know you're cheating yourself out of deals by not racking up on your miles right? i don't know if you fly a lot but even if you only fly domestically you could be earning some points. i'm saying, don't make my mistake. i had flown back and forth to europe twice in one year and didn't get those miles. that's like 16,000 miles i lost...

Daps
Monitor the flights over a certain period (several weeks, if you can)....airfare fluctuates like crazy. You gotta get an idea on what the 'cheapest' rate is for the trip you're trying to make.

No airline has the "cheapest airfare," they all have different routes they're trying to push. So you may get great deals on one airline going from NYC to Chicago and then find that they're expensive as fukk going from NYC to Miami. It's just how it is.

I use Orbitz, then when I see a deal, I buy directly from the airline (always the better play, imo)

I know JetBlue and Porter Airlines have promo codes they run every once and a while where you can get some good deals, so it's a good idea to get on their mailing list (provided, of course, they fly where you wanna go)

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
man, you know you're cheating yourself out of deals by not racking up on your miles right? i don't know if you fly a lot but even if you only fly domestically you could be earning some points. i'm saying, don't make my mistake. i had flown back and forth to europe twice in one year and didn't get those miles. that's like 16,000 miles i lost...

my cousin works for AA and my boy works at Newark Airport so I'm all good.

I don't travel all that often, but lately I just fly back and forth from Jerz to Miami. :manny:

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
ive noticed cheapoair.com to have the absolute dirt cheap prices on airfare.
also when it comes to the major airlines, US Airways has by far the cheapest airfares.

fukking props on this site breh. :dj2:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
this may not work for everybody .but lets say im trying to fly from minnesota to philadelphia. tickets are $300 one way. but a ticket from minnesota to boston with a layover in philly is only $120. so ill buy a ticket to boston. but i just get off in philly. only downside to that is you can only buy a roundtrip ticket and you gotta carry your bags on. sometimes buying a ticket to your exact destination is too high .find another state but has a layover in your destination and just hop off.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
this may not work for everybody .but lets say im trying to fly from minnesota to philadelphia. tickets are $300 one way. but a ticket from minnesota to boston with a layover in philly is only $120. so ill buy a ticket to boston. but i just get off in philly. only downside to that is you can only buy a roundtrip ticket and you gotta carry your bags on. sometimes buying a ticket to your exact destination is too high .find another state but has a layover in your destination and just hop off.

this is slick right here....

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

just did that last month

atlanta - philly - newark

got off in philly :bryan: