Which one is better

• Candyshop

• Lollipop

Results are only viewable after voting.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Candy shop was wack as fukk but was nowhere near as bad as the grease remake shyt Ja was on breh
LOL there was that ONE Grease remake video and song featuring Ashanti… honestly it’s a better written song than Candy Shop. Neither are getting played by me though homie lol

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
One life, one sweet tooth so there can only be one king.

Adlibs on a hundred, thousand, trillion. Weezy and Fif could never...

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
candy shop, hindu sounds are hilarious

gVGuC.gif

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I liked both. They both served their purpose for the artists and each album sold a million records. Static Major killed it RIP

and 50 knows how to write a good record. Both songs gets overhated imo

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Lollipop easily. Candy Shop is just too bland whereas Lollipop at least can get you hype.

However, I prefer Candy Shop to Got Money. Got Money aged worse than any Massacre single imho.

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Man I remember taking an entire day to download Candy Shop music video from Limewire :pachaha: this is close af though.

NGL I wasn't the biggest fan of "Lollipop" when it dropped but it was like, Wayne was so huge you couldn't escape it even if you tried.

Both hold infinite nostalgic value for me but honestly I think I'd play Candy Shop more in 2023.

I love percussion and that period where Timbo and Scott Storch were sampling all that indian shyt is one of my fav periods of production in hip hop.

So yea I think I'd go Candy Shop

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Candy Shop is laughably bad. I can’t even listen to that shyt. Verses so generic and corny. Video is mad corny. Hook gives me a headache. Best is dated and sounds like some Aladdin shyt. It’s just a forced pop hit. :scust:

“Temperature risin', okay, let's go to the next level
Dance floor jam-packed, hot as a tea kettle” :mjlol:

Lollipop isn’t the best song lyrically but those melodies and vocals are fire. Song structure is unique. The beat is fire and still sounds good. Just a much better, creative song. Wayne used his classic “Drop it like it’s hot” line from the Hoy Boys days too. He hit those high notes. First rapper to make a big hit with autotune as well. :banderas:

“Man, I ain’t never seen an ass like hers, that p*ssy in my mouth had me lost for words” :wow:

“So I let her lick the rapper (wrapper)” :ohlawd:

“Call me so I can make it juicy for ya” :ohlawd:

Mad classic lines and melodies. :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
lollipop sounded like a parody to me when it first came out, wayne had all of the hype in the world and was getting all this praise as the best rapper alive and the lead single to his highly anticipated album was a song where hes singing in autotune about a lollipop metaphor

that isnt to say that candy shop wasnt a disappointment either all things considered because that being the lead single to the grodt follow up album was a head scratcher to me.. but at least the nikka was actually rapping

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
lollipop sounded like a parody to me when it first came out, wayne had all of the hype in the world and was getting all this praise as the best rapper alive and the lead single to his highly anticipated album was a song where hes singing in autotune about a lollipop metaphor

that isnt to say that candy shop wasnt a disappointment either all things considered because that being the lead single to the grodt follow up album was a head scratcher to me.. but at least the nikka was actually rapping
To be fair the first album got leaked.

This was supposed to be the first single.