Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BMDkwNjk1YmUtYzcwMy00NmYwLWI4NjEtOWM0NTUyZDZjZjk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI3NDAyNg@@._V1_.jpg

:russell::russell::russell::russell::russell:

Cut this shyt off halfway. I get that it's supposed to be dreamlike sequences with somewhat loose interpretation, but the film shouldn't make me fall asleep with it. Not even curious to see the 3D sequence because it won't be in 3D for me.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BMDkwNjk1YmUtYzcwMy00NmYwLWI4NjEtOWM0NTUyZDZjZjk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI3NDAyNg@@._V1_.jpg

Cut this shyt off halfway. I get that it's supposed to be dreamlike sequences with somewhat loose interpretation, but the film shouldn't make me fall asleep with it. Not even curious to see the 3D sequence because it won't be in 3D for me.
Glad I wasn't the only one, shyt was a STRUGGLE :russ:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Cooked_TitleCard.png

I liked this. It was very informative, even tho I knew black folk get hit the hardest it was nice to see numbers backing it up. It's relevant today with rona hitting us. It starts by her recognizing her privilege during a national disaster, then looking back at a national disaster which was the 95 heatwave in Chicago where blacks died at an unproportionally high rate, then looks to redefining the term disaster, then goes onto to show how much the gov prepares for disaster like massive earthquakes and tornadoes in chicago.
Good stuff.
It's on PBS if you wanna kill an hour.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Saw this movie called "The Lodge". shyt ended up being trash. Im tired of movies have two good acts of setup, the act three just falls apart. :francis:

Sidenote: the lead actress in this is Elvis's granddaughter.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Although the 3D certainly makes it stronger, it's still one of the most impressive single take shots in years, breh. Don't skip over that. :mindblown:

But you and @Lootpack's reactions basically mirror the Chinese audiences who hated it (mostly because marketing fooled them).

Despite its unusual story structure, the film was marketed and distributed in China as a romantic event film, and an ideal date movie for its New Year's Eve release. It also received a wide theatrical release. The strategy worked; by 25 December, the film had already sold 100 million yuan ($15 million US dollars) in presales tickets.[10] Despite its strong presales, it faded quickly from the box-office charts, having grossed $41 million US during its initial three weeks (most of it from its 31 December premier).

In China, its massive early box office success led to a backlash; the hashtag “can’t understand Long Day’s Journey Into Night” trended on social media, and users of the ticketing platform Maoyan drove its aggregate user rating down.

:dead:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA

Really good . Convinced :mjpls: to stay with Nike with his Jordan 3 presentation.

latest

I'm a shoe buff as shown with my choices but this was a great film based on the Dassler Brothers, Adi and Rudi . The extramarital drama :damn:
Gotta read the book on their rivalry. It's on Amazon prime.

:unimpressed: Tower Records was a large part of my childhood for I loved their bookstore and music singles collection but they're all responsible for their own demise in the states . It was founded in Sacramento but I felt a lot of white privilege and Good 'Ol Boy play on all the luck they had to grow the way they did for so long.Tower Theatre is still a great place here in Sacramento to see a Independent movie. At least they're still going strong in Japan but they sold the rights years ago.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
after-hours-movie-poster-1985-1020193532.jpg
underrated Scorsese gem right here...you'll watch this & not even know he made this, really stepped out of his zone with this. Even something like The King of Comedy feels like Scorsese, this doesn't...Great hectic fun that might also make a good stoner flick too :smoker:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
after-hours-movie-poster-1985-1020193532.jpg
underrated Scorsese gem right here...you'll watch this & not even know he made this, really stepped out of his zone with this. Even something like The King of Comedy feels like Scorsese, this doesn't...Great hectic fun that might also make a good stoner flick too :smoker:
Funny you should mention King of Comedy, I just finished it for the first time:ehh:
Kingofcomedy1.jpg