Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
220px-Fallen-Idol-Poster-1948.jpg

Ingrid_Goes_West.png

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

This is one of Spike’s best and most underrated movies. It’s very informative about being a black soldier in WWII. All star cast ranging from Derek Luke to Laz Alanzo, hell, watching now I see Walter Goggins. This is also one of the few movies of his I can’t recall if Spike uses his signature glide/hover camera shot.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

This is one of Spike’s best and most underrated movies. It’s very informative about being a black soldier in WWII. All star cast ranging from Derek Luke to Laz Alanzo, hell, watching now I see Walter Goggins. This is also one of the few movies of his I can’t recall if Spike uses his signature glide/hover camera shot.

yup!

this film gets NO LOVE!!
not even from black folks.
:snoop:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
yo i did not know Chris Rock had a 3rd brother!
that Def Comedy Jam set he did!
:russ:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
They have all the wolverine movies on demand, i’m trying to watch that to draw the connections of Logan’s origin from the X-men series into his final chapter in Logan. I’m also watching for Wade’s character. I know Deadpool was looking a mouthless mess in the big fight scene (from what I recall) but I’d like to get more background on Deadpool prior to Deadpool the movie(without reading the comics )

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
watched a French movie w/ Adele Exarchopoulos from Blue Is The Warmest Color last night.
about a female prisoner that sleeps with the guy that runs the jail.

once son got a whiff he lost his mind and by the end embarrassed himself.

movie was ok they never fully delved in and just skirted around. based on a true story i think.
Adele Exarchopoulos was as good and seductive as usual.

edit..since i haven't been in this thread in a minute.
some other movies i've watched lately;

Neon Demon
Lost River
Green Room
Good Time
Tramps
Meyerowitz Stories
Chronically Metropolitan
(I had a tiny tiny involvement in this)
Long Nights Short Mornings

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
X0MP6Y4.jpg

The Square is a satire of snobs made for snobs. And not the awesome Joseph Ducreux snobs like myself, but the uppity "social elite". It follows the art director of a museum as they prepare the exhibition of "the square" in a series of scenes (more like sketches) who gets himself into more trouble (but not really serious trouble) than he bargained for. It has some clever ideas and self-reflective humor, but some of its intended psychology is also not as intelligent as the movie thinks it is. Still, it's enjoyable, but certainly not worth the overblown praise the movie has been getting.

vp2xORS.jpg

A fully hand-painted (!) animation movie about Vincent van Gogh. After his death a friend must deliver his final letter to his brother Theo van Gogh. Discovering that Theo himself has also passed away, he becomes intrigued with the nature of Van Gogh's death, and the people who may have been involved. The result is a beautiful looking movie with a strange whodunit plot that doesn't really do justice to the painter's complex life.