Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
tumblr_noo2tar11C1u75e7jo1_500.png

finally watched american psycho. not sure what to think of it, but it is very well made, that's for sure

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
La-isla-minima-2014.jpg

One of the better mystery-crime thrillers I've seen in recent memory. Probably the Spanish equivalent of Memories of Murder - its dark tone and social commentary seep through without being too heavy-handed.
Some bold words. I'm gonna peep

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Extremely bold words. Not even close to being that great. It's closer to El secreto de sus ojos in terms of quality, and even then a notch below that.
Well i love and own both movies. Downloaded marshland though

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Well i love and own both movies. Downloaded marshland though

Well, it's a good thriller but it's not as good as those movies. I posted my thoughts on it in this thread way back when.

nMOnTpq.jpg

Solid Spanish police thriller set in 1980 during the transition from the Franco regime to a democracy. Two detectives, one a Franco supporter, the other pro-democracy, are put on a shytty job of finding two missing teen girls in the marshes of southern Spain. When the two girls are found murdered, their investigation becomes a lot more important to the redemption-seeking detectives. But the changes from the old regime to the new status quo has left their mark on society as well and gets in their way. The story moves a bit predictably and it's a bit too vague in its implications regarding certain characters (it implies a lot, but rarely strong enough to make you really feel it).

Daps
Some bold words. I'm gonna peep
Extremely bold words. Not even close to being that great. It's closer to El secreto de sus ojos in terms of quality, and even then a notch below that.
Only in theme/plot - I wouldn't dare say it's equal to 'Memories of Murder' purely as a film - just that operates on the same contrasting detectives whodunit storyline with social commentary as the background.