Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
tootsie.jpg

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I watched Changing Lanes with Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Affleck. Mostly becuz I'm fans of both. I was a little disappointed by it becuz I thought it would be more action packed so I ended up rating it a 6/10 on imdb.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
jlriGcn.png

A movie that depicts the way jihadists gained control of the city of Timbuktu, slowly, and kinda awkwardly. They come in with machine guns and their faces covered, and declare new rules 'in line' with Islamic law. Music is forbidden, and women should wear socks and gloves. The locals frown upon these strange interlopers, who themselves aren't all entirely sure about what they're doing. Meanwhile they learn how to drive cars, have arguments about football (the real football) and have trouble communicating because the city is a melting pot of different languages. Slowly but surely the jihadists' position becomes more dominant, and as such their methods become increasingly more cruel and unjust, and by that time it's too late for the locals to oppose against their dominance. It's a slow burn of a movie, but it's unparalleled in its humanized depiction of the world's biggest bad guys and how their influence spreads primarily through presence, not terror.