Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
V4KAg9g.jpg

Gary Oldman in this movie :ooh: Didn't even know it was him till I looked it up :ohhh::lolbron:

Mean_Streets_poster.jpg

Classic. Deniro was like a Italian version of O-Dog

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
V4KAg9g.jpg

Gary Oldman in this movie :ooh: Didn't even know it was him till I looked it up :ohhh::lolbron:

Mean_Streets_poster.jpg

Classic. Deniro was like a Italian version of O-Dog
gary oldman versatile as fukk..

I don't remember if I ever finished mean streets. I remember watching it, but I might've fell asleep during it. It wasn't as entertaining and engaging as Scorsese's other films just off first viewing

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Inside The American Mob (Documentary) Episodes: 1 & 2

ArhY0xE.jpg
just started this last night

seen a random mix of movies the past few days during this #coldfront

The Fountain - :mindblown: visuals but everything else :patrice:
Ripley's Game
How to Steal a Million
The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946)
The Interview
Devil in a Blue Dress
Rudo Y Cursi
Only Lovers Left Alive- great cast. Loved the first half..the second half not as much..still enjoyed it overall

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
About to watch Lords of Salem for the first time; not excited about it since Rob Zombie is the worst thing to happen to a camera ever. Bet it will be alot of redneck trash foul language, someone will get raped, and his unattractive, talentless wife will be in the starring role again

Daps
MV5BMTcyNTYyMDAyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjg3MjMwMjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

It was ayte... like most movies that have time travel concepts there are things that don't make sense

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
22 Jump Street
Let's Be Cops
Safety Not Guaranteed

one of my favorite scenes ever.

i vaguely remember reading the whole scene was improvised.

That scene reminds me of a friend actually johnny boys whole character reminds me of a good friend. one time i had this flick on he was at my crib and hes all, de niro is young as fukk, i dont like him in this. im like dude,u r him to a t. lmao. anyway, i love mean streets, such a gritty good little movie. very funny and just dope....the og goodfellas scene.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
ahRoLpu.jpg

It's that other British biopic Oscar bait flick of the year, and possibly the weirdest because it's always weird to watch biopics of people that are still alive. I guess that's why a lot of them have the good decency to die while these movies are being made, but that's beside the point. It's a bit of a dry movie, nicely ticking off the ol' biopic checklist without missing a beat, and unfortunately without adding anything extra. It kinda reminded me of My Week With Marilyn (maybe it's the Eddie Redmayne connection?) in the sense it's a well-made, well-acted movie objectively, but that's about all the credit you can give it too. It's kinda funny that it's considered one of this year's most blatant Oscar bait movies because I never really got that sense. Maybe because it's less self-indulgent and show-offy, although it starts to a bit near the end. But during the movie I had a moment where I realized I was paying closer attention to Felicity Jones (who plays an equally marvelous role I should say) than I was to Eddie Redmayne, and that's because his performance transitions so naturally, without a hint of trying to milk it (outside of once again, a bit towards the end) that it's just there. To say it cosmologically, his performance is as the sun, with Jones orbiting around it giving it a purpose as it gives hers life. "Chapeau!" to those two.