Coli business Guru's, what is the fastest and most efficient way to Establish a LLC?

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
they should be online, i'd call a state office and have them tell you exactly what you will need

I dig, its kinda different in NY cuz, the state office would prolly be all the way up in the capitol in Albany. Which is like a 5 hour drive from the city.

I think imma jus call these people and see whats up. I jus need to get the name trademarked. Cuz my nikkas and my team is already branding n I dont want no foolie to come up off our name.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I just did one last week. Did all the paperwork online had it back the next morning , then got the tax ID# from the IRS online instantly.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I dig, its kinda different in NY cuz, the state office would prolly be all the way up in the capitol in Albany. Which is like a 5 hour drive from the city.

I think imma jus call these people and see whats up. I jus need to get the name trademarked. Cuz my nikkas and my team is already branding n I dont want no foolie to come up off our name.
If you've really got $100k and the idea is really worth something then just contact a lawyer to cross every "t" and dot every "i". If you're short on time or agoraphobic then go with Legal Zoom.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
If you've really got $100k and the idea is really worth something then just contact a lawyer to cross every "t" and dot every "i". If you're short on time or agoraphobic then go with Legal Zoom.

Thanks bruh, im checking out LegalZoom right now :salute:

No funny shyt, but how did you trademark MollyWatr? Did you do it in person or get a lawyer?

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Thanks bruh, im checking out LegalZoom right now :salute:

No funny shyt, but how did you trademark MollyWatr? Did you do it in person or get a lawyer?
I LegalZoomed my sh!t initially then did the whole "crossing t's and dotting i's" thing with a lawyer as situations come up.

Though, with intellectual property the real challenge is upholding and enforcing your rights. Anybody can register anything and make whatever claims they want but at the end of the day if you're making enough money people will either violate your IP rights by blatantly ripping you off or they will sue you alleging that you violated their IP rights. In either case you will have to get lawyers involved to make them go away.

In short, "Mo' money, mo' problems."

I say worry about setting up a sturdy legal and financial framework for how your business is going to operate than worry about a "foolie coming up" off your name.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
I LegalZoomed my sh!t initially then did the whole "crossing t's and dotting i's" thing with a lawyer as situations come up.

Though, with intellectual property the real challenge is upholding and enforcing your rights. Anybody can register anything and make whatever claims they want but at the end of the day if you're making enough money people will either violate your IP rights by blatantly ripping you off or they will sue you alleging that you violated their IP rights. In either case you will have to get lawyers involved to make them go away.

In short, "Mo' money, mo' problems."

I say worry about setting up a sturdy legal and financial framework for how your business is going to operate than worry about a "foolie coming up" off your name.

I digg, I dont talk alot bout what I got going on biz wise on The Coli cuz I know how ya nikkas play :c00nj:

But at this particular point, setting up the IP officially is priority. If I dont, im almost 500% sure someone will take advantage. Once me and my team get that established its gonna be smooth sailings. My company is not the type of company that you can "rip off". My boys and ladies have been running this ship unoffically for almost a year now. We already made some serious bread. But in order to take it to the "next level" we gotta officially brand it :steviej:.

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I digg, I dont talk alot bout what I got going on biz wise on The Coli cuz I know how ya nikkas play :c00nj:

But at this particular point, setting up the IP officially is priority. If I dont, im almost 500% sure someone will take advantage. Once me and my team get that established its gonna be smooth sailings. My company is not the type of company that you can "rip off". My boys and ladies have been running this ship unoffically for almost a year now. We already made some serious bread. But in order to take it to the "next level" we gotta officially brand it :steviej:.
Yeah man, sounds like your big focus should be on getting your internal legal framework in place. If you've really been operating for a year and there's no legal framework in place then it's likely there may be disputes as to who owns what and who's responsible for what. Might want to make sure that's straightened out before worrying about biters.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This is not legal advice

Go to your states secretary of state website

Usually its sos.STATEINITIALS.gov

Click on businesses or business services

Find where you register an llc

If you want to file seperate taxes or hire someone, go to irs.gov and follow the bouncing ball to get an EIN.

Thats not as official as you could do it, but thats the easiest.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Yeah man, sounds like your big focus should be on getting your internal legal framework in place. If you've really been publicly operating for a year and there's no legal framework in place then it's likely there may be disputes as to who owns what and who's responsible for what. Might want to make sure that's straightened out before worrying about biters.

Yea, I hear that. Contracts are being drawn up between us all. We kinda fell back to get all of that situated. Before it was all on that "for the love" type shyt. But I already know that once big money starts getting involved calamity will ensue.

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Yea, I hear that. Contracts are being drawn up between us all. We kinda fell back to get all of that situated. Before it was all on that "for the love" type shyt. But I already know that once big money starts getting involved calamity will ensue.
If you've been operating publicly under a certain name/brand it's going to be difficult for biters to uphold any legal claims they attempt to make for the name/brand. At this point it's way easier for someone inside your operation to foul things up for you than a 3rd party. Your priority should be making sure everything related to the internal operations of your organization are square with all parties involved before moving forward. Get that operating agreement sorted out, breh. You're playing a dangerous game without one.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
:wtf: I ask a legit question and that's ur response?

Hehe I guess I been on the Coli too long :Obeezy:. I thought you were trying to undermine my shyt. Ive been running the company with my boys for a min now. So this aint some mommas basement trying to get it off the grounds shyt lol.