CoD Advanced Warfare Official Thread

Hot or not

• Total voters

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps

Best weapon in AW and no mention of the Bal? :dwillhuh: It's by far the best gun in the game.

Other than that I agree with the article. Although I would put a red dot sight on the HBR, iron sights are :huhldup:

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
I’ve been playing Advanced Warfare for a few days now and have spent some time testing out the weapons. I wanted to share some weapon knowledge with you all and start a discussion on competitive bans. The following weapons stats were gathered by hand, not from any kind of code, and two pre-launch patches ago. I don’t think much has changed but some things may have. It will be a long time before a proper gun chart is made so this is the best I’ve got for now. The BAL27 drove me up a wall due to the accelerating fire rate and the game’s frame rounding and burst fire guns are just hard to hand test.

Regular Gun Stats: body shots over range to kill (headshots), RPM, notes

Assault Rifles:

BAL27: 3-5 (3-5), AVG RPM = 700?, RPM start = 600?, RPM end = 720?

AK12: 4-5 (3-4), 720RPM, very long range

ARX: 3-4? (3-4?), 800RPM w/ 0.167s burst delay

HBR: 3-4 (3-4), First 3 rounds of burst = 680RPM?, the rest = 600RPM

IMR: 3?-5? (3?-5?), 978RPM w/ 0.167s burst delay, super low recoil

MK14: 3-4 (2-4), 350RPM, 1 head shot + 1 body shot = death

SMGs:

KF5 (first 5 rounds): 3-4 (3-4), 750RPM KF5 (rest of mag): 4-6 (3-6), 750RPM

MP11: 4-6 (4-5), 885RPM

ASM1: 3-6 (3-6), 720RPM, statistically almost identical to BO2 MSMC/PDW

SN6: 4-6 (3-6), 720RPM, low recoil

SAC3: 4-6? (???), 590RPM per gun w/ ~1200RPM combined, super low range

AMR: 2 hit or quit, 5 round burst is hard to test lol, 1000RPM w/ 0.167 burst delay

Pistols:

Atlas45: 2-4 (2-3), 600RPM???, ~2m range on the 2 shot kill

RW1: 1-3 (2 at all ranges), 104 RPM, tons of sway on sights

Grach: 4?-5? (3?-4?), 1025RPM w/ 0.167 burst delay, 2 shot burst

PDW: 4-6 (3-4), 740RPM, lots of ADS recoil, nasty hip fire

Shotgun Stats (Estimated hitmarker max range)

Tac12: 10m?, 165RPM

S12: 17m?, 504RPM

Bulldog: 18m?, 600RPM

Sniper Rifles (one shot areas):

Lynx: Headshot only

MORS: Balls up (entire body / torso area and head)

NA45: Head only, second shot detonates a grenade like explosive

Atlas 20mm: Head, body, torso, upper arms, thighs, hands, and feet

Heavy Weapons:

These things are just way too goofy. I haven’t bothered with these yet.

Now that you have read over the stats, I’d like to talk about competitive bans. Personally, I’d prefer to ban as little as possible so that competitive play is easy to transition into for new players and relatable to casual audiences. However, keeping everything in the game would just make pros suffer so we need to think of some sensible bans. Anything that is OP to the point of every player on every team using it should be banned. So should things that are too fluky and not skilled based. Guns/items with no counter play should go too. Lastly, explosive launchers and tracking drones should definitely go. So here is my list:

Definite bans:

Explosive Drone

Grenade Launcher Attachment

Stinger M7 (locks on to people)

MAAWS

MAHEM

MDL

Danger Closer Perk

UAV (Has this ever been allowed?)

Orbital Care Package

System Hack

Bans to consider (and reasons):

IMR (If it is all that anyone ever uses due to insane accuracy)

SAC3 (Kinda fluky. Pros never really liked akimbo anyway.)

RW1 (Pocket one shot kills and random hip fire is fluky. Very high risk weapon though.)

PDW (This plus laser sight would be almost as strong as BO2 Kap40.)

EM1 (Hip fire is insane on this thing.)

EMP3 (Semi-auto Marksman like low radius explosive rifle. No idea how it will perform.)

XMG/Shield/Crossbow (All impractical but change of odd things showing up is there.)

Flak Jacket (Overuse in HP maybe?)

Crazy ban ideas:

Toughness: Banning this perk frees up the slot for many more creative things. Not as effective as past CoD games but every pro will have it on almost every class.

Stock: AW is going to be an AR dominant game. Stalker was banned in Ghosts to keep the ADS corner strafing to a minimum. The same logic could be applied to AW.

Blast Suppressor: Forces more tactical use of the Exo. I also see this one being on every single class. It certainly is on mine.

Gung Ho: Firing while sprinting and sliding can be super strong in close competitive matches. It also causes odd animations while transitioning into ADS. Not sure how this will pan out so I don’t want to ban it unless it is abused.

NA45: Can be used like the XM1 from MW3 to burst into buildings. Might make some lives hard in SnD. Would still be a niche strategy though.

Exo Stim + Exo Shield: While they can be used tactically, there is no way of knowing what the other player has and can be used as an ace in the hole. Not sure how these will work out either.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
Best weapon in AW and no mention of the Bal? :dwillhuh: It's by far the best gun in the game.

Other than that I agree with the article. Although I would put a red dot sight on the HBR, iron sights are :huhldup:

i think its really close best weapon between hbr and bal. HBR has better weapon stats but lower shots per minute. the first burst is faster but still not as fast as the bal so you shot rapid press the trigger instead of doing a long burst i gotta practice this. and yea def not using iron sights.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
i think its really close best weapon between hbr and bal. HBR has better weapon stats but lower shots per minute. the first burst is faster but still not as fast as the bal so you shot rapid press the trigger instead of doing a long burst i gotta practice this. and yea def not using iron sights.

Most engagments in this game are close and medium range, the Bal is clearly the better gun in those ranges. Even at long range the Bal can compete with the HBR. And the Bal has has less recoil, the HBR without grip has pretty bad stability.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
Most engagments in this game are close and medium range, the Bal is clearly the better gun in those ranges. Even at long range the Bal can compete with the HBR. And the Bal has has less recoil, the HBR without grip has pretty bad stability.

nice tip bro. i never played with the bal im gonna try it out

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Really? I get more1 or 2 hit kills with this more than any other gun I use.

I don't even know what any of that means:yeshrug:

1 hit kill with the MK14? Are we talking about the same gun? The MK14 is not a 1 shot kill. It's generally a 3-4 shot kill. The MK14 is a 4 shot kill at medium range, which is awful. Semi-auto weapons are supposed to be more powerful than fully auto, this is not the case for the MK14. The range is :trash:. The fire rate is :trash: The hip fire accuracy is :trash: Weapon stability is mediocre. There's no category this gun excels at. Also, with enemies boosting, dashing, dodging around it's more difficult to stay on target and hit your shots with a single shot weapon. It is by far the worst AR and I would take every SMG over it as well.