Closing out the gen, please let me know which games I need to check out

Kodie

Pro
Daps
This isn't a console exclusive but I'd like to recommend Bulletstorm. It's often forgotten about and it's amazing.

EDIT:
Back to the matter at hand:
Catherine
Dragon's Dogma
3D Dot Game Heroes
Earth Defense Force 2017

Some console exclusive digital titles too:
Double Dragon Neon
Geometry Wars 2
Outland
The Dishwasher
Jetpac Refuelled
N+
Super Stardust HD
Hard Corps Uprising
Unfinished Swan

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Puppeteer which just released earlier this week for PS3 is something I'd recommend if you're into side scrollers with it's own twist. You're literally controlling a puppet boy on a ever changing stage which basically frames the screen with curtains. It's literally beautiful. I haven't played a game with such elaborate presentation. It's something you'd expect from a Nintendo game. Gameplay is unique too. You have a pair of scissors that you use as a weapon and tool to traverse the levels which are nicely detailed with constantly changing objects and environments.

You cut through seams, paper leaves and other scenery to fight bosses, move around levels and there are a few cool GOW like QTE moments in the game. The dialogue is a bit on the heavy side though, lots of talking which is understandable being that the game literally is a stage play. I've put a few hours in it today despite me having GTA V already(waiting till release date to really fukk with it.)