Climate change reversal solutions. Could a dark gas cloud block sun reflection and slow down melting ice?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Right wing bytch nikka strategy in front of your eyes.

Take a thread that's an absolute question and project an opinion that says that the absolute question is not that, it's the opinion of a know it all.

In right wing eyes, asking a question is an example of someone who is a know it all.
Wow can't believe you didn't know this. Let me help you since you don't know SHYT!

Creating a dark-colored mist to block sun rays sounds clever, but it wouldn't fly scientifically.

Dark Color Absorbs Heat: A dark mist would absorb more heat, not less, making the situation worse.

Volcano Analogy: When volcanoes erupt, they spew sulfur dioxide and ash high into the stratosphere, reflecting sunlight away and cooling the planet. We could mimic this, but with reflective particles, not dark ones.

Geoengineering Feasibility: Reflective aerosols (like sulfur compounds) could be injected into the stratosphere to reflect sunlight. This concept, known as Solar Radiation Management (SRM), is being researched but comes with risks like altering weather patterns and potential ozone layer damage.

Carbon Capture Tech: You're right, current carbon capture methods aren't sufficient alone. We need a multi-faceted approach: reduce emissions, capture carbon, and adapt.

Bottom line, we need reflective, not absorptive, substances to cool the planet, and SRM could be part of the solution, but it’s no silver bullet. Comprehensive strategies are key.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah, you really don't want a self-imposed Nuclear Winter.

That's what you're basically asking for here.

Best thing to do is go electric which many countries have started doing. China has hit the point where they're reversing it now while Asian and African countries are starting with clean energy right from the start:

Last edited:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
OP, you're stepping into aerosol science and implicitly asking questions about infrared radiation.

The same gases that would block infrared radiation would also trap the infrared radiation coming from the ground level and in effect cause global warming.

Not to mention it could be toxic if said gas was above the ppm to sustain life on earth

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
It's not about blocking sunlight, Earth's temperature is increasing its cycle due to man-made sources of pollution.

Simply put, the Earth has always had cycles with peaks of rising and falling temperatures, the current problem is that, for example, a cycle that would happen every thousand years is happening every hundred, so we are basically drastically accelerating the process.

Earth is succumbing to human greed and some fools still think we will conquer space :unimpressed:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Wow can't believe you didn't know this. Let me help you since you don't know SHYT!

Creating a dark-colored mist to block sun rays sounds clever, but it wouldn't fly scientifically.

Dark Color Absorbs Heat: A dark mist would absorb more heat, not less, making the situation worse.

Volcano Analogy: When volcanoes erupt, they spew sulfur dioxide and ash high into the stratosphere, reflecting sunlight away and cooling the planet. We could mimic this, but with reflective particles, not dark ones.

Geoengineering Feasibility: Reflective aerosols (like sulfur compounds) could be injected into the stratosphere to reflect sunlight. This concept, known as Solar Radiation Management (SRM), is being researched but comes with risks like altering weather patterns and potential ozone layer damage.

Carbon Capture Tech: You're right, current carbon capture methods aren't sufficient alone. We need a multi-faceted approach: reduce emissions, capture carbon, and adapt.

Bottom line, we need reflective, not absorptive, substances to cool the planet, and SRM could be part of the solution, but it’s no silver bullet. Comprehensive strategies are key.
Thank you sir. Great answer homie. I figured that an actual ash like substance with actual matter would be more ideal, just didn't stat that properly.

Since you mentioned research is already being done on that, I'll take a look.

Your original post shoulda contained this information and I wouldn't have had to call you a hoe ass nikka. I was clearly asking a question lol. Good looking doe 💪🏾

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think anything is stopping the warming right now , rather it’s putting shyt in the oceans or spraying shyt into the atmosphere or planting more trees, I think it’s one of those things that’s inevitable the only thing we could realistically do right now is stop consuming so much and using so much dirty energy

Enough research haven’t been done yet in geo engineering to the point they found a fool proof trick to reverse the warming, ain’t no telling what the consequences could be doing wide scale science experiments, fukk around and fukk shyt up even more

But once I get this masters degree ima figure it out and save the world

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I don’t think anything is stopping the warming right now , rather it’s putting shyt in the oceans or spraying shyt into the atmosphere or planting more trees, I think it’s one of those things that’s inevitable the only thing we could realistically do right now is stop consuming so much and using so much dirty energy

Enough research haven’t been done yet in geo engineering to the point they found a fool proof trick to reverse the warming, ain’t no telling what the consequences could be doing wide scale science experiments, fukk around and fukk shyt up even more

But once I get this masters degree ima figure it out and save the world
What specifically are you schooling for?

What other scientific processes are they looking at as possible solutions?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
What specifically are you schooling for?

What other scientific processes are they looking at as possible solutions?
I’m really thinking about trying to join a masters program for geo engineering, try to do research in that field, but it’s some other shyt I got to do first before I do that

The ones I can think of off the top of my head is them ocean applications where they put shyt in there to make the ocean absorb/reflect shyt or re freeze the artic, planting trees and them other devices that absorb carbon, creating clouds(even though I think that’s more so for weather patterns trying to relieve droughts), I’m sure it’s other shyt they currently are researching but I’m sure all that shyt takes a lot of money to do that at a wide scale and who really going to put the money up for that