Clark Atlanta had 46,000 applicants for 1200 freshman seats in 2024?

Suge Shot Me

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That's an acceptance rate of 2.4%, which is lower than Harvard and Caltech (both 3%, from what I googled).

It's an interesting development, if true.

ATLANTA — On the first day of classes at Clark Atlanta University, the largest entry class in the school’s history really had to earn its way in.

“To see 46,000 applications for essentially 1,200 seats is nothing less than phenomenal,” said University President Dr. George French.

French says it’s far and away a Clark Atlanta record.

Mr.FOH

Pro
Daps
Why is any of this a bad thing. Let’s go future black leaders if the world. Go get that edumocation.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
HBCUs seem to be very popular with Gen Z. I have a nephew who’s just started his first year at Howard on a full scholarship. My niece is graduating from high school this years and Clark Atlanta is her top choice. Her wish list is full of HBCUs.
I guess the thinking is since DEI is supposed to be a bad thing why go somewhere and be accused of it?

I can't believe Black people would be on code but Black america could troll the shyt out of white america by doing selective segregation and have white people beg Black people to partcipate.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Very weak journalism. :camby: The 46k applicants would have more meaning if they stated the average the receive per year. It's nothing new that colleges receive more applications than they accept.
I really doubt that 46K people applied to Clark lets keep it a buck for the vast majority of HBCU's they're basically open enrollment.

Every HBCU gets a few non traditional students playing a weird sport at a school.

the white girl from the UP came on a basketball scholarship the Black girls objected to her presence so she went to the volleyball team which was almost 100% Jamaican.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Thats crazy. They should think about expanding...that's a PWI-sized freshman class
bad idea HBCU expansion? a recipe for fukkery i remember when Shaw university had their students living in substandard hotels.

then there was Howard's recent mold problems in the dorms.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I guess the thinking is since DEI is supposed to be a bad thing why go somewhere and be accused of it?

I can't believe Black people would be on code but Black america could troll the shyt out of white america by doing selective segregation and have white people beg Black people to partcipate.
There’s an argument to be made that desegregation was the worst thing to happen to black education. The Governments disproportionate funding crippled black schools at all levels.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Very weak journalism. :camby: The 46k applicants would have more meaning if they stated the average the receive per year. It's nothing new that colleges receive more applications than they accept.

I read in another article that 46000 applicants is more than what the University of Georgia receives.

Quick google:

Uga had 43000 applicants for 6200 slots

UGA has 41000 + students
Clark has 3800+