Clarence Thomas’s Radical Vision of Race

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Well the argument being made is that Thomas' black nationalism is strictly black masculinity. He never saw strong black woman growing up. His relationship with his black ex wife breaks his concept of all black everything.
When you’re married to a white woman it’s completely natural to see your molars.

You ain’t getting that with sista. :troll:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Just finished the book, and Robin goes off the rails towards the end. He argues that Thomas has this racial war battle fantasy that influences his thinking. And that heightened racial animosity is necessary to keep specifically poor Black people from avoiding their downside risks. Robin attempts to make this argument more plausible by tying this racial battle argument in with older criticisms of integration. But it is not convincing at all as it requires several logical leaps, and Robin's lack of engagement with the concepts of regulatory capture undermines his analysis.

The most interesting and engaging part of the book is where Robin analyzes Thomas's belief in the positive potential of Black patriarchy. Robin convincingly argues Thomas's upbringing and strong relationship with his grandfather leads him to believe in the potency of a strong male figure in the Black household. Compared to his lack of trust, respect, and disdain for his Black woman family members. This leads to Thomas's belief that the reconstruction of the Black man's status and power within the Black household is crucial to the progress of Black people. Thomas is clearly misogynistic in how he articulates the view of both his woman family members and the general Black woman headed household. It is here where Robin does his best job of marrying the tenets of some Black nationalist figures and Thomas's belief system, persuasively arguing that this impacts Thomas's dislike of liberal policies.
are you surprised a white guy doesn't understand black radicalism? I'm glad I came back to actually reading this in depth because now I see why no one tackled this before. Its so nuanced you really have to understand the dynamics here.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Before I read this article, I felt Clarence Thomas was a c00n of the highest degree.

After reading this article, I feel Clarence Thomas is a hypocritical c00n of the highest degree.
8Ce2Afj.png

After re-reading this article, I'd dare to say that Clarence Thomas is the final form of aimless, directionless pro-Black rabble-rousers. Black nationalism/separatism took him so far left that he ended up on the right. :russ:

(This is further support of my horseshoe theory of political affiliation: the most extreme fringes of the left/right divide are nearly indistinguishable. :mjlol: )

Dude is the Legendary Super Saiyan of c00ns :wow:

Daps
After re-reading this article, I'd dare to say that Clarence Thomas is the final form of aimless, directionless pro-Black rabble-rousers. Black nationalism/separatism took him so far left that he ended up on the right. :russ:

(This is further support of my horseshoe theory of political affiliation: the most extreme fringes of the left/right divide are nearly indistinguishable. :mjlol: )

Dude is the Legendary Super Saiyan of c00ns :wow:
how-why.gif

I hope that sarcasm (And it's going over my head) or you're making the statement that Anarchy and Fascism are indistinguishable............

Daps
I've always seen anarchy at the top of the spectrum... :wtf:

Anarchy is as far left as you can get. That's why I've never understood the horseshoe theory. It doesn't make any sense. No one is going from anarchy and not recognizing or having a central government to harsh authoritarianism power trip government that privatizes everything

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Anarchy is as far left as you can get. That's why I've under stood the horseshoe theory. It doesn't make any sense. No one is going from anarchy and not recognizing or having a central government to harsh authoritarianism power trip government that privatizes everything
So you're disregarding mutualism?