CJ Perry Speaks On AEW's Booking Of Miro

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Appearing on Busted Open Radio recently, CJ Perry (WWE’s Lana) shared her perspective on how AEW has been mistreating her husband, former AEW TNT Champion Miro (per Wrestling Inc). She expressed her disappointment at AEW’s infrequent bookings for Miro, but allowed that the dynamics of the industry sometimes are what they are. You can read a few highlights from Perry and listen to the full episode below.

On how booking dynamics function in the wrestling business: “I think there’s this illusion at AEW that the talent book the show — that was definitely the conversation. Like, ‘Oh, you go there, you’re going to basically become whatever you’re made of.’ But at the end of the day, he’s booking the show … Tony Khan, he has his favorites, and he’s going to push the favorites just like Vince would push his favorites, just like Hunter’s going to push his people.”

On the general situation working as an entertainer: “I feel Vince really valued him in that way and saw that. They hit heads a lot of times towards the end on creative differences; Vince really wanted him as a villain, and Miro really wanted to explore this new world. Again, I just take it like I do Hollywood like it’s casting … We’re hired talent, so if you really don’t like the person that you’re working for, then go start your own wrestling promotion. See how that goes for you.”

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Again, I just take it like I do Hollywood like it’s casting … We’re hired talent, so if you really don’t like the person that you’re working for, then go start your own wrestling promotion. See how that goes for you.”

She gets it.

At the end of the day you’re signing a contract to make a lot of money to work for WWE or AEW. You don’t own the company, pay the bills to keep it in business, etc.. you’re paid to work there. Not run the show. If you don’t like it, go elsewhere.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
She gets it.

At the end of the day you’re signing a contract to make a lot of money to work for WWE or AEW. You don’t own the company, pay the bills to keep it in business, etc.. you’re paid to work there. Not run the show. If you don’t like it, go elsewhere.
If only it was that easy. Lots of guys are locked behind contracts and can't.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
If only it was that easy. Lots of guys are locked behind contracts and can't.

They signed the contract to work there though lol….and they’re getting paid a lot of money to do it (average is $500k and up in WWE).

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Miro resigned sometime within the last year so if he was that upset about it I imagine he would have left.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Hollywood humbled her...the wrestling biz should've humbled miro or at least his fans but they're still whining :francis:

Say what you want about Moxley but I at least respect him for just working thru his deal, giving it his all, and moving on. Everyone seemingly wants to EC3/Austin Aires themselves out of a bad situation and shyt ruins their reputation

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Hollywood humbled her...the wrestling biz should've humbled miro or at least his fans but they're still whining :francis:

Say what you want about Moxley but I at least respect him for just working thru his deal, giving it his all, and moving on. Everyone seemingly wants to EC3/Austin Aires themselves out of a bad situation and shyt ruins their reputation
Feel like we going to be seeing a lot of wrestlers over the next few years figuring out the hard way what "fukk around and find out" means.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
They signed the contract to work there though lol….and they’re getting paid a lot of money to do it (average is $500k and up in WWE).
I know but you were saying if someone doesn't like it to go somewhere else. How is that possible if they are under contract? Or did I read that wrong and you meant before they sign? Hard to decipher there.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
I know but you were saying if someone doesn't like it to go somewhere else. How is that possible if they are under contract? Or did I read that wrong and you meant before they sign? Hard to decipher there.

well it's a combination of...

1. they signed the contract and agreed to the terms ... which means they have to honor the length of the deal in the WRESTLING business

2. if they're not happy and want to go elsewhere in the WRESTLING business, then they have two options: ask for an early release, or ride out the length of the deal.

3. they can always at any time quit/retire and go do literally anything else in the world that is not the WRESTLING business.

just saying ... if Talent John Doe signs a 5-year contract with WWE/AEW ... and two years into that contract is mad that they can't control their booking, aren't a 15-time champion, or whatever the reason is .... those are their options.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
well it's a combination of...

1. they signed the contract and agreed to the terms ... which means they have to honor the length of the deal in the WRESTLING business

2. if they're not happy and want to go elsewhere in the WRESTLING business, then they have two options: ask for an early release, or ride out the length of the deal.

3. they can always at any time quit/retire and go do literally anything else in the world that is not the WRESTLING business.

just saying ... if Talent John Doe signs a 5-year contract with WWE/AEW ... and two years into that contract is mad that they can't control their booking, aren't a 15-time champion, or whatever the reason is .... those are their options.
Sure. I guess it depends on the contract. :manny:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Lana might mess around and fumble the family bag. Miro is getting paid to sit at home, play video games, and make the occasional trip to Ikea.
Collecting a paycheck to not take bumps, deal with backstage drama, or smell The Unwashed is a really sweet deal for Miro. He won!
Lana should keep her mouth shut, and silently keep spending that YouTube money.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I haven't watched wrestling in years so this is a real question has anyone who WWE ignored or "misused" proved them wrong yet by becoming some revelation in AEW? Please no match quality stuff, I mean are they a star there like they weren't in WWE?

Last edited: