City of God was the last classic hood movie

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
how much bread you got breh? if you can find a place in santana, jardim sao paulo, or jardins you will :ohlawd:

if you have no money, good luck on a metro spot, the sao paulo metro is so small and poor people live far away from it. shyt is a stacked deck

what are you doing in SP?

and who u wit, os porcos or os maloqueiros :birdman:

PM me @chefmate7days, let's talk business
sheeeeit Jardins and those neighborhoods round Avenida Paulista expensive as fucc :whew: I can't afford that yet lol....imma be in SP tightening my portuguese up and lookin into some other things :steviej:....iono even what os porcos/os maloqueiros are lmaooo..u talkin bout soccer teams or something? if so, whoever im talkin to i say i rep their team lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Great movie.

I haven't seen it in about 5 years, I may watch it again this week, it'll almost be like I'm watching it for the first time :gladbron:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
sheeeeit Jardins and those neighborhoods round Avenida Paulista expensive as fucc :whew: I can't afford that yet lol....imma be in SP tightening my portuguese up and lookin into some other things :steviej:....iono even what os porcos/os maloqueiros are lmaooo..u talkin bout soccer teams or something? if so, whoever im talkin to i say i rep their team lol

yeah most nice neighborhoods in SP are :whew: it's not a great place if you don't know anyone/anyone with money tbh :ld:

you got a place to study yet? i recommend CEL-LEP on Paulista on the green line. if Vita is still working there, she'll set you up good. then again i'm not sure of your current level, so maybe you'd need something different.

and yeah those are soccer clubs. do the right thing breh, commit to a club :myman:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
yeah most nice neighborhoods in SP are :whew: it's not a great place if you don't know anyone/anyone with money tbh :ld:

you got a place to study yet? i recommend CEL-LEP on Paulista on the green line. if Vita is still working there, she'll set you up good. then again i'm not sure of your current level, so maybe you'd need something different.

and yeah those are soccer clubs. do the right thing breh, commit to a club :myman:

I'm not really looking into a class. I took portuguese in college and lived in Rio for a summer. I really just need more exposure with the people on a everyday kinda thing. I plan to do bout 5-6 months in SP then come back to the states and figure out a way to stay in Brazil long term.

Man I ain't that big on soccer teams but being exposed to Rio first, I was claiming Flamengo all last year lmaoo. I know I can't do that in SP tho. I might get murked :merchant:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I'm not really looking into a class. I took portuguese in college and lived in Rio for a summer. I really just need more exposure with the people on a everyday kinda thing. I plan to do bout 5-6 months in SP then come back to the states and figure out a way to stay in Brazil long term.

Man I ain't that big on soccer teams but being exposed to Rio first, I was claiming Flamengo all last year lmaoo. I know I can't do that in SP tho. I might get murked :merchant:

that's wassup. i'd recommend a class, but i like to combine technical aspects with social flow of language, though that might not be for everyone. i too am trying to figure out a way to be there long term, right now i'm trying to just integrate into my life in the US - move back and forth and make money doing so.

brazilians are much less territorial about teams than we are here, claiming flamengo in SP would get you some :childplease: because of the rio-sp rivalry more than it being an outta town club. i know dudes from minas gerais that rep fluminense for whatever reason :manny:

why did you choose sao paulo tho? you got contacts down there?

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I love this movie because of how disturbing and violent the imagery is, By the end of the flick I dont at all feel mortified or disturbed it actually leaves you feeling good like you want to see this again

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I look forward to the 10 years later documentary.....but where's 'Rocket' though??

Black folk have it really hard in Brazil when it comes to getting serious breaks. It's a shame, cos after watching many Brazilian flicks there's a ridiculous amount of talent out there.

Playeroni

Aka Nasty Neighbor #CREEPLIFE
Daps

tshaddow

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched this the other day. This movie was crazy. One of those movies you start watching and get right into.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
First saw this back in 05 late night when couldn't sleep. Hooked the first time I watched it. Been searching for it on Netflix for years. I just need to go out and buy this movie.