City Of God sequel | HBO Max | filming in 2023. 🎥

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I remember watching it for the first time after reading about it in the newspaper (it was 20 years ago after all) not knowing much about Brazil and not expecting much at all only to end up being blown away by what I was watching. I went back to see it like maybe four times more after that.

Some of the actors have sadly struggled since then and one even went missing, but the two dudes who played Lil Dice/Ze have gone on to do real well for themselves and still doing their thing, especially the younger one. Of course the chick who played Angelica went on to do other stuff and played Teresa Mendoza in Queen of the South. I thought the kid Rocket who starred in City of God would have become a bigger name.

The original will always stand out as a classic masterpiece. The fact the sequel series is being made by the same guy is encouraging.
Knockout Ned went on to have a good career too.

There was a retrospective on them a while ago thaT talked about their careers since.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Need to give City of God a rewatch, it's horrific but oddly comforting to watch

Prolific

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GrimIdenticalCorydorascatfish-max-1mb.gif

One of my fav movies of all time! They better do this shyt right!

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The original not making the sight and sound list as a crime

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

I read the novel years ago and that shyt is crazier than the movie.

Even now there's still a lot of Lil Ze's running around in the favelas. If dude was here in 2022 he'd be one of those maniacs filming their kills for social media like many of them do. Maybe the series might highlight shyt like that because these Brazilian gang members do that shyt all the time and don't even bother to hide their faces.