Circana (NPD) US sales November 2023 - PS5 (#1 for both) XBS (#2 for both) NSW #3 / MW3#1, SM2#2, Maden 24#4

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
They didn’t bomb sales were always going to be lower because of the steep discounts. NPD tracks revenue not units
Nah they down 20% in units across the board. Switch maybe down 30%

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Looking deeper in these numbers gen 9 is contracting. Next gen may be the last true console only generation

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
No it isn’t, ps5 is still outselling the ps4 in the US, and thats without a permanent price drop. The switch is its own story altogether
It's barely ahead right now and that's with steep cuts, gen 9 is behind gen 8 by almost 1mm units rn. 2024 is going to be rough for both, ps5 isn't hitting that 25mm

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's barely ahead right now and that's with steep cuts, gen 9 is behind gen 8 by almost 1mm units rn. 2024 is going to be rough for both, ps5 isn't hitting that 25mm

No, Sony just started discounting this past month, its been ahead of the ps4 since spring.

Even if sony don’t hit 25 mill, even if they only hit 23 million it would be a record setting year for playstation as whole. Acting as if 25 million is a make or break it number is silly. Not even the ps2 sold over 22 million a year.

I’m not even saying this to console war, but realistically the only “contraction” here is the xbox console market. Sony is clearly eating into their marketshare in the US, and Nintendo is mostly unaffected. This is their 7th year on the market and they are still number 2 in revenue and unit sales for the year

V1rq734.jpg

This isn’t a contraction, it means PS5 is currently outselling one of the best selling consoles of all time

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
No, Sony just started discounting this past month, its been ahead of the ps4 since spring.
This isn't true they started discounting since before they revealed the slim, I'm talking the entire market you focused on only NA which I assume is the hang up. Sony has been discounting the ps5 since at least August, they needed these numbers to be around 1.5mm for the month, estimation right now is <1mm. This the worst sony month for consoles in years.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This isn't true they started discounting since before they revealed the slim, I'm talking the entire market you focused on only NA which I assume is the hang up. Sony has been discounting the ps5 since at least August, they needed these numbers to be around 1.5mm for the month, estimation right now is <1mm. This the worst sony month for consoles in years.

this thread is about the NPD, so im talking about the numbers in this thread. The discounts in other places were only in certain regions Europe, not Asia, US, other parts of NA, etc.

Again, sony selling even 23 million units is still record breaking numbers. You can’t have a record breaking year in unit sales and say the market is contracting, thats a complete contradiction. I knew yall were gonna hard focus on that 25 million number to try and make it a point lol

I don’t think yall know how much 25 million units is. It’s like barry bonds saying he’s gonna hit 8 home runs for a game and only hits 6. Meanwhile the other team doesn’t have a single run on the board