• Total voters

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
And The Fifth Element. Let’s not forget his role in Dead Presidents. Chris Tucker had the better movies. And was funnier in them.
Yeah..I'm ultra high on Chris Tucker.. I think he's just very easy to watch. Haven't seen Fifth Element in years...

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Both lack grit.
for me to think of past a cliche summer movies.
I never really like.
or revisit.

I can't stand bad boys and rush hour is to commercially cliche. For me to take serious in viewing.
Tucker is my favorite def comwdy jam performer. While dave chappelle has the fu niest lone joke in def jam history.

Yet....

I would rather have Eddie and nick.

Or Murtaugh and Riggs.
If we talembout buddy cop or outlier cop movie tandems.

I like the darkhorse private eye buddy movie combo and fukkery of:
Clooney & gosling

plus all the guy ritchie crime fukkery movies and cast of rogues.
are just better than the aforemention duos originally listed in the thread and poll title.

Art Barr

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just from Rush Hour and Bad Boys? Chris Tucker and not close.

And he’s not even compared to Martin he’s compared to Will. Martin got so rich he stopped being funny :francis: . So much so that he’s actually the ‘straight man’ to Will’s comedy in those movies. It got so bad they had to write it into the script that he’s a washed family man :dead:

In those movies, Chris>>>> Will >Martin > Jackie
:mjlol: In fairness his character was supposed to be the opposite of Will's. The bolded did make me legit lol though.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Coming from someone who LOVES the bad boys franchise I gotta go with Tucker/Chan. I mean have you SEEN Rush Hour 2? They’re chemistry was off the charts and Tucker was in his prime. Dude’s timing was fire, his physical comedy chops had been honed to perfection and his delivery was lock step in sync with Chan’s.

I’d go so far as to say that working with Tucker made Chan a better actor (when it comes to American cinema not his native Chinese films) cause after that he really seemed to step it up in his American productions.

Rush Hour should’ve been a 4-5 film franchise.

Martin carried Bad Boys 1. Will carried Bad Boys 2. They kind of sidelined Martin a bit in Bad Boys 3 but his initial retirement scenes were hilarious (that montage got big laughs in the theater)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is this basically a “rush hour” vs “bad boys” movie series battle?

cuz I’m seeing folks talk about individual comedians

if the former, I think bad boys held up better than rush hours

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Honestly i think Will Smith and Tommy lee jones make a better duo than Will and Martin.
Not enough difference in Will and Martins dynamic so they end up using the stand up comedian largely as the straight man and let Will be the more extra of the two? Kinda a waste imo.

voted for Jackie and Chris

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Chris and Jackie easily

Probably my favorite comedy duo

Always felt like a live action dbz with Jackie chan as goku and Chris tucker as piccolo was a missed opportunity :russ: