• Chris Rock

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Dave Chappelle

Votes: 88 67.7%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You can only pick one. Who you like better.

Taking everything into consideration.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
i respect this answer, but i hope it doesn't lead to more cop outs.

i know it's a tough one, but that's why i created the poll.
only way I can pick is based on whose material I saw most recently

just saw kill the messenger a couple days ago so it's chris rock until I rewatch killin em softly :ld:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
only way I can pick is based on whose material I saw most recently

just saw kill the messenger a couple days ago so it's chris rock until I rewatch killin em softly :ld:

i will say that chris rock is the more brilliant standup comedian. his interpretations and thesis statements are pretty genius. the whole 'black people vs. n----" debate was mindblowing for it's time. his shyt on plutonic friends, how "daddy" goes unappreciated... real broad, base level stuff that clicks on a massive level.

chappelle is hilarious too though i can't front, and his shyt if genius too... but more because of the flavor he adds to it i think and less because the concept is so genius. "sprinkle some crack on him and lets get the hell out of here"... :laugh:

like the rick james shyt isn't hilarious on paper but the extras dave and charlie murphy brought to it and the editing put it over the top.

Last edited:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
i will say that chris rock is the more brilliant standup comedian. his interpretations and thesis statements are pretty genius. the whole 'black people vs. n----" debate was mindblowing for it's time. his shyt on plutonic friends, how "daddy" goes unappreciated... real broad, base level stuff that clicks on a massive level.

chappelle is hilarious too though i can't front, and his shyt if genius too... but more because of the flavor he adds to it i think and less because the concept is so genius. "sprinkle some crack on it and lets get the hell out of here"... :laugh:
yeah chris rock lowkey has some of the most subversive comedy ever, but it's masked in a wacky voice and exuberant mannerisms

nikka straight up said he understood how OJ could kill his wife :mjlol:

dave's show is what put him among the legends. his stand up specials are still great but I don't know if he's up there with the GOATs without it IMO. you could omit all of the chris rock show and rock's still up there with the greats

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
gotta go with rock... he's been doing it too long and has too many classics... plus a few funny parts in tv and movies

chappelle got the show and the first stand up is a classic.... also funny in a few movies... but the second standup being avg and having no more... plus only 2-3 seasons of chappelle and then nothing... and basically fading away into nothing.... that kinda ruined it

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Rock hosting the Oscars clinched it for Dave Chappelle.
Chapple would of scortched that issue... Rock skirted it comedically.

Chappelle has always covered actual issues unappolegetically. Racist cops, priests fukking kids, them framing our stars (Michael Jaclson, Kobe), the way they trial our youth as adults... Donald Sterling, etc.

Dave never sold out even in the face of 50mil :salute:
Gotta go with Dave.