Chris Rock said slavery ended in 1975….

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

Research shows slaves remained on Killona plantation until 1970s​

Kentwood genealogist finds evidence on 19 plantations​

Slaves were emancipated in 1863, but Antoinette Harrell says her genealogical research revealed many of them were kept on plantations, including the former Waterford Plantation in Killona, nearly 100 years later.
They were indebted at the commissary store for things like matches, candy, tobacco and bread, said Harrell, who also found Waterford Plantation records in Whitney Plantation records. They also owed on medical bills, which she said could total more their entire month’s wage.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll have to stop calling people c00ns so loosely. You can disagree with someone. Chris rock could have handled certain issues better: Yes. He's human and we all make mistake but luckily we are not in the public eye. But to put him in the same category as clarence thomas, candance owens, larry elder and Jesse lee peterson is crazy.
People on here were calling Ice Cube a Co0n. :hhh:

Word gets thrown around here too much :mjpls:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
“The playing field’s not equal!”

“White men would just walk in your house and take your food!”

“They would rape black women!”

Meanwhile

Not sure how this had to do with his factual comments

He was stating a fact… on a show with his white friend.
The war on drugs and the prison industrial complex is modern day slavery. The way drugs are in America is like this... imagine if McDonald’s was illegal as fukk, but McDonald’s was still everywhere. And the solution to stopping McDonald’s was to arrest all the cashiers and lock them up for years at a time for working at McDonald’s. That’s the war on drugs in a nutshell.

In the 13th amendment abolishes all slavery except for people being punished for crimes. It’s the biggest loophole there is to continuing modern slavery of black people. Black people locked up for nonviolent offenses represent a disproportionate amount of the swollen US prison population. The US prison population is the largest on the planet. They do shyt like make license plates and road signs for 15 cents an hour. Angola prison in Louisiana is an actual plantation. :mjtf:

Stuff like overpriced rent, mortgage, overpriced food, student loans etc. is slavery too. There is enough land in America for everyone to have a plot of land to live off of, but instead we have unnatural dependence on evil global corporations for basic necessities and are forced to go into perpetual debt just to survive day to day life.
yeah my old barber used to be a prison guard at Angola… he said the shyt he saw fukked with him for a long time.

Whether slavery actually stopped is debatable.. i feel it has been well hidden behind the facade of crime, trying to “protect” the people (basically just white people to be real) and the private prison system as well as tge introduction of drugs and guns into our communities back in the 80’s just to speed up that form of slavery and destabilize the black household…

I feel like another form develops as another one gets exposed and condemned worldwide. Like you can’t talk shyt about how Russia, China, North Korea, etc., treat’s it’s citizens when you rid the coattails of inhumane slavery into the position of power and still foster unfair practices against those citizens.

I feel it’s changing in the form of emasculating black men, promoting single parent households, etc.

I really wonder why we’re hated THIS much in the world. Literally the only culture, race, color, whatever that has had this much systematic hatred thrown at it

Daps
Reppin
St louis
XIcV8cj.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Sway

Banned
Daps
:camby:
'dikk watching'

We were joking, but I've seen your other comments, our situation is far from perfect but imagine where we'd be if everyone sold out like you :scust:weak
Hush the fukk up.