Chitlins history: Was originally poor cac shyt

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't shame people for eating them but I could never take the smell of them cooking :huhldup:
They don't taste too bad, dump hotsauce on it and it low key kinda alright.
But we could only stand to have it cooked in the house one time in my life. Whole house smelled like doodoo
no worth it.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
They don't taste too bad, dump hotsauce on it and it low key kinda alright.
But we could only stand to have it cooked in the house one time in my life. Whole house smelled like doodoo
no worth it.
The thing is no matter how good you clean them they still smell like shyt but lucky for me mom only made and eat them every blue moon in the early 90s. Now my dad on the other had cooking chicken feet :bryan: that was a every 3 month thing.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The thing is no matter how good you clean them they still smell like shyt but lucky for me mom only made and eat them every blue moon in the early 90s. Now my dad on the other had cooking chicken feet :bryan: that was a every 3 month thing.
chicken feet is great for soup. I wouldn't just bite into a foot and eat like a drum stick, but if you used it for some stock or something. it smacks

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chicken feet is great for soup. I wouldn't just bite into a foot and eat like a drum stick, but if you used it for some stock or something. it smacks
Yeah i gotta try it one day again and yeah he stews and cleans it but as a kid I just wasn't ready for chicken feet :hubie:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
I didn't know this.
The one I read online often is that allegedly, lobster was something they'd feed to prisoners. Not sure how that became an expensive delicacy.
From what I read is passing they used to be in such abundance they would be on the shore and the original Americans also used them for fertilizer.......if I recall chiefly anyways

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Another thread of negro slavery fairy tales to make you feel comfortable being an uncultured bum 500 years later

Everybody ate every part of the animal and most slaves had their own gardens and killed their own food.

And the intestines is just as nasty as the stomach, ribs, skin, and back of a pig.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Also common in Asia for hundreds of years. This is a perfect example of how western, slavery focused views of issues often leads to ahistorical views. How many times have we heard that you shouldn't eat chitlins as a black person because it's slave food and we shouldn't perpetuate it now. In reality it's been eaten around the world, including by white people, for ages.

I don't eat chitlins because they smell like shyt. Got nothing to do with slavery.
In Spain they were/are considered a delicacy.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so is ratchetness and the way ratchet people talk, but too many of our brehs and brehettes refuse to let go of this part of celtic culture