China may be a lot of things in Africa, but it’s not a colonizer

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know why people who are especially not even Africa have issues with the video. People need to get over this silly paranoid idea[which was created by the West] of China colonizing Africa. All China wants in Africa is resources for their economy. Its on African leaders themselves if they choose dumb business decisions. NOT the Chinese who will only take advantage. China in Africa being good or bad is only decided by the African leaders.

I'd rather prefer the Chinese and Japanese in Africa than the West[especially France] and Indians. But I agree with @Premeditated that the Coli have a very almost fictitious view of Africa.
I don't think a single one of the leaders has made a good decision with Chinese trade.
They're selling both resources and land for far-cheaper than they could've gotten, and their letting China make it rain on their environment.
And it's definitely neo-colonialism, the Chinese moving to Africa are basically setting up a class by themselves, while propping up despotic regimes with money.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
African leaders COULD be out there making killer deals but I doubt it.
Best believe China would'nt be here if it wasnt a sweet deal for them.

Hopefully we flip the script by not honoring agreements after shyt gets built. :lolbron:

I know first hand the Chinese BEEN getting a lot of work from the Nigerian Govt......who have not released FULL details of the deals. I just pray we're not getting finessed too hard. :sadcam:

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
I don't know why people who are especially not even Africa have issues with the video. People need to get over this silly paranoid idea[which was created by the West] of China colonizing Africa. All China wants in Africa is resources for their economy. Its on African leaders themselves if they choose dumb business decisions. NOT the Chinese who will only take advantage. China in Africa being good or bad is only decided by the African leaders.

I'd rather prefer the Chinese and Japanese in Africa than the West[especially France] and Indians. But I agree with @Premeditated that the Coli have a very almost fictitious view of Africa.

I don't think it's silly or paranoid. Africans (AA's included) globally have a consistent track record of getting finessed by foreigners on every level. I'm not against trade, I want the entire diaspora to prosper and build REAL partnerships with each other and abroad.

I'm not even mad at the Chinese (or arabs or Europeans or indians etc) who eat off our short sighted deals. They're supposed to get the best deal they can get. I'm just tired of seeing nikkas do gullible things. I see how the Chinese get down in Philly, New York and even Jackson & I say the same thing about us. Why should we not call out bad deals? Are we just supposed to let it slide?

LoStranger

Banned
Daps
I don't think it's silly or paranoid. Africans (AA's included) globally have a consistent track record of getting finessed by foreigners on every level. I'm not against trade, I want the entire diaspora to prosper and build REAL partnerships with each other and abroad.

I'm not even mad at the Chinese (or arabs or Europeans or indians etc) who eat off our short sighted deals. They're supposed to get the best deal they can get. I'm just tired of seeing nikkas do gullible things. I see how the Chinese get down in Philly, New York and even Jackson & I say the same thing about us. Why should we not call out bad deals? Are we just supposed to let it slide?

That was my point exactly......fukk these other groups funny how they on our dikks when they want something from us.....:camby:

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

Chinese logging trucks in Mozambique.
China is killing all our animals, destroying all our forests, taking all our natural resources while we simpletons are happy with stupid stadiums and poor roads they constract. We suck!!

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I don't think a single one of the leaders has made a good decision with Chinese trade.
They're selling both resources and land for far-cheaper than they could've gotten, and their letting China make it rain on their environment.
And it's definitely neo-colonialism, the Chinese moving to Africa are basically setting up a class by themselves, while propping up despotic regimes with money.
:ehh: they making major moves in the carribean too

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
African leaders COULD be out there making killer deals but I doubt it.
Best believe China would'nt be here if it wasnt a sweet deal for them.

Hopefully we flip the script by not honoring agreements after shyt gets built. :lolbron:

I know first hand the Chinese BEEN getting a lot of work from the Nigerian Govt......who have not released FULL details of the deals. I just pray we're not getting finessed too hard. :sadcam:
Getting finessed hard as hell.
Think about all the unemployed Nigerians who could be a part of a state-sponsored infrastructure project? Think about how easily billions of dollars could flow back into the economy, much better distributed, if it was Nigerian contractors, engineers, architects, designers, construction workers, etc.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
It's sad too tho, because the Chinese, Vietnamese, and especially the Japanese used to symphatize with the plight of Black people under colonization and systematic abuse.

I was absolutely :mindblown: when I found out how the Japanese Empire during the 1930s and World War II were dead serious in being an ally of Black Americans. Once Japan got nuked and surrendered their national sovereignty to the US with a new constitution...Their whole stance towards us became a complete 180 smdh :wow: We truly did had international allies back then smh.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD

This. Especially marrying into families as they're doing in Nigeria to gain access to that generational family land and wealth.