China could really invade Taiwan within the next 4 years. And its in its best interest to do so.......

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They’re seeing population growth issues due to the 1 child policy, people are aging and dying as well as too many single males not producing kids or unable to. I think China had a population shrink for the first time in like 50 years this year

low sperm count issues?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Vid was cool too after the advertisement

Only thing is, US will probably bring other allies. Who China bringing?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Can’t see nor do I hope China going for Taiwan, at least any time soon.
In fact, most estimates see them going for Taiwan in the next five years in an absolute best case scenario but more than likely 15 years down the line.

I still can’t see a military operation occurring to take the island, The amount of resources, manpower, and Goodwill they sacrifice for a bloody invasion (an invasion That will be hampered by US intervention) simply isnt worth it. Not to mention invading Taiwan will set all of Asia and the surrounding Pacific a buzz with hostility. Japan, India and the US (
assuming the US isn’t already involved in active combat ) would be itching for a fight if China showed any further hostility.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
China has an insatiable appetite for control. This hunger to own and rule the world by force or trickery will be the undoing of China.

Taiwan knew by 1993 that it could strike Beijing. China will merely destroy Taiwan while reducing its own population by 50% and plunging China back 70 years.

No country with proper strategy and arms should fear China.
For one China has no allies in Asia but enemies.
Secondly it's massive population is not a credit but a hindrance in war.

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
Conventional Warfare is expensive and destructive. Economics is the new battlefield.

You see Vlad's blunders with a "lesser" nation that is basically next door, and you think Xi wants those issues with an island that can fortify itself against a siege?

They would have to contend with:

-100 mi of open sea that can be mined and guarded by opposing naval assets

-Supply lines that need to be protected in said 100 mi corridor.

-Having to secure landing sites via amphibious means, which will be a bloodbath.

-Having to minimize losses in infrastructure during combat, if the objective is to capture the semiconductor plants.

-Resentment at home. War is a hard sale without a casus belli to get people fired up, a reason to die for. You can try conscription, but people will try to buck it at some point. It's easy for a something like a US Marine out of Michigan to kill a "haji" who might as well be a Martian to him in language, appearance, and culture. How do you sell that your enemy is someone who looks like you, talks like you, and basically has the same culture as you? It'd be like getting that same Marine and convincing him to invade Windsor or Ohio.

-Fronts that could open up; The West will most most likely employ the armed forces of Japan, South Korea, The Philippines and other Allies in region to shore up defenses around Taiwan. Though I don't think we would have a crazed MacArthur type who would push to up the ante, but you'll always have hawks. What if India decides to get ballsy and invade from the west? A 1950 redux of bulldozing Pyongyang? Japanese landing boots on Manchuria?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
nikkas mad about what I said: RELAX.

All I'm saying is China will continue to do what it's done and the US either needs to encourage domestic tech companies to do more business in the US by growing the purchasing power of the average American and help in good faith with developing the middle class of other countries like Brazil or mexico, or they need to nationalize some of these companies and give them top security so their recipes and designs arent getting stolen when they go to China.

The US needs Chinese people buying the things designed here and China needs jobs hiring their locals to build the shyt. This is WWE. The government isn't as scared of China as it was of the soviet union. If it was, and the stakes were really that high, dumbass Republicans would start going missing, stepping down from their positions or dying under mysterious circumstances. If China was seriously an existential threat to the powers that be, they'd do whatever needed to be done.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
*Clicks on thread…

See’s a fukking YouTube video.

:francis:

If this is where you get your information from…do better.