Chicken Shortage: America is running low on chicken

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Time for synthetic all lab made chicken to step up to the plate:skip:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Blame overpopulation and forcing food companies to artifically raise chickens faster, because the natural way would lead to food ahortages, as well. Too many people in America.

Industrialization of food production caused the population boom

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
The price of the bird going up

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
The supply chain has been breaking down since last year add in that a lot of folks ain’t trying to break they backs working for pennies and you get this.

My business partner in Texas was having issues getting freight (natural food, nuts and shyt) off boat at the Port of Los Angeles last month due to the logjam there. Not only that, once the cargo could be secured..we couldn’t locate ANY trains out west that could move our load, everything was booked solid. So we had to pay premium to get a goddamn truck to move the freight from LA to Houston, TX.

My partner in Charleston who owns a seafood distributor can’t keep employees to cut the fish, palletize the deliveries and organize the warehouse at the moment.. I’ve already told him he needs to raise wages but he’s not budging.. also there’s the fact he’s dealing with worse issues in regards to his suppliers than me and my partner out in TX. He’s having to wrestle securing product out of Asia at the cheapest cost and fastest delivery..he’s now having to order out by three to four weeks rather than one to two weeks. Add all that together and it’s chaos.
Stuff like that is while I could never own/run a business :picard:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Watch out for these headlines. Usually that means they just want to jack up prices. Raising chickens isn't all that much work. I bet they start hitting up all these backyard operations that have been popping up they'll be fine.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
:mjcry:

it was all good just a few years ago.

I've been following chicken prices very closely since 2011 because you can use price of wholesale chicken to negotiate better deals at places like Popeyes. It's not rare for me to get Popeye's $5.00 box for $2-3. I typically ask for a manager politely and ask if they're familiar with the going rate of chicken on the wholesale market, (they're usually not) and I go on to explain that their chicken is grossly overpriced in relation to the market.

The managers sometimes push back but that's when I casually threaten to call corporate and the manager usually asks me not to and discounts the order.

I've probably saved in excess of $100 in fried chicken using this strategy but it looks like I won't have to anymore if the fast food chains adjust their pricing accordingly or offer new specials.

:blessed: